cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pot black...

Fixes: 123

Pot black...

SWMBO put a stainless steel pot of water on the gas hob to boil then forgot about it.
She's managed to get rid of some of the black from the sides and bottom but some remains. Anyone know the best way to clean it it off?
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Pot black...

Fill to the level of the stain with boiling water, add a couple of heaped tablespoons of dishwasher powder and stir till disolved, leave overnight. With luck the stain will just wash away
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Steel wool and elbow grease...
Fixes: 123

She did leave a little water with vinegar in it over night and some elbow grease this morning has removed a lot.
I'll pass on the other suggestions, ta.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Petlew
Fill to the level of the stain with boiling water, add a couple of heaped tablespoons of dishwasher powder and stir till disolved, leave overnight. With luck the stain will just wash away

That worked for me, for cleaning out a china and also a metal  teapot...( although I did use Bio Washing powder with some very hot water! )....