cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal deliveries

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Postal deliveries

Delivery by the post office has been discussed before on chit chat but I recently ordered an item that was dispatched Tuesday and has still not arrived in this mornings post.
On the website it clearly states they are not responsible for delivery times, which is correct but they are the ones who decide which company they will use for delivery and it cannot help their business if deliveries are slow.
The item in question cost £2.95  plus postage and packing at £3.95 so I think I am justified in not being pleased about this ?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Postal deliveries

It rather depends on the service they paid for
I get the impression that some companies pay a reduced fee for a third class service
Or am I just being cynical
Of course it also assumes a meaning to being dispatched
This could be
Delivered to or collected by Royal Mail - what you would expect
Collected by some cheap courier company - I have had a few of those
Packaged in the dispatch area and put in a pile for collection or for someone to take it down to the post office possibly the next day
Community Veteran

I had a DVD sent to me yesterday by first class mail. It arrived this morning. Can't complain at that Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

When something is marked as TNT Post but delivered by Royal Mail - how does that work?
Community Veteran

The sender uses TNT to send their mail but  they hand it over to RM for the last leg of the delivery.
In some parts of London TNT now employ their own posties to deliver to the door but not many areas have this service. TNT only offer this service in high density areas.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: AndyH
When something is marked as TNT Post but delivered by Royal Mail - how does that work?

I agree it's a bonkers system.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Does that mean,
TNT can not fulfil their role, by outsourcing for the last leg of the jouney
Community Veteran

I believe, but may be wrong, that they have an agreement with RM for them to take letters the last part of the way if they,TNT, do not have door-to-door deliveries in the area.  RM has raised this issue with the regulator.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

certainly prior to privatisation such contracts were in place where companies like ukmail and TNT would do all the lucrative backhaul and drop stuff at the end point sorting office for RM to do all the labour intensive side of sorting and delivery, effectively stealing RM's business and doubling the private companies profits for none of the staffing costs.
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you