cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage Charges

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Postage Charges

Needed to send a fairly large parcel today which had to include insurance cover & recorded delivery.
Could not believe what I was hearing as I was told it would cost £24. Then asked was there any cheaper way of sending it and was then told it could go by Parcel Force recorded and insured for £16.50.
Always assumed that Parcel force and the post office were one and the same thing so why the difference in price. ?
Be a very long time before I send any more parcels !  Angry
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Postage Charges

I`ve used "YODEL" for very large parcels.... (you can find charges from several carriers on "Parcel2Go" website.... )  only problem I found is that they expect you to wait in all day for them to collect from you... no way can they "predict" .... even to the nearest part of the day (morning or afternoon) when their driver will call... what a let down...
Fixes: 125

Have you tried Collect+
Quite a lot of places to drop items off and you can even keep prices lower by getting the recipient  to collect from one of their collect points or have it delivered as usual.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I think it is always worth checking out the courier services that are available.  I had a small parcel delivered by FedEx yesterday which cost £3.50.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the ideas, this was an item I was sending back to a firm rather than an individual and I needed to insure it in case it went astray.
Hopefully it will be a long time before I send anything again but will check out some of the suggestions made.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm beginning to hope that Santa brings me some stamps for Christmas so I can send a few cards.
I can see far fewer Christmas cards being sent this year so the Post Office will probably loose some of their seasonal profit because they were so greedy.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.