cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post office billing is shocking

scootie
Grafter

Post office billing is shocking

seen a thread on here titled billed twice by PN which is a rare thing to happen and normaly gets sorted.
To my shock on checking the useless PO portal ive found ive been billed 3 times  Angry . time to get that serious telephone voice out  Roll eyes
this is my first bill from them, there ment to send an invoice to the email address as well as any other contact they make and not had any emails to that inbox. i knew it wouldnt be a bed of roses having to use a diffrent isp on this line but boy i havent one good think to say about the post office.
to say there part of royal mail and i havent even had a paper bill from them is beyound a joke. cant wait for the 12 months to be up, might even cancel around 10 months as a £50 hit might be bareable to get away from them, but the £440 they wanted to end contract 9 months in was  Angry
5 REPLIES
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Post office billing is shocking

Quote from: Asbo
To my shock on checking the useless PO portal ive found ive been billed 3 times  Angry . time to get that serious telephone voice out  Roll eyes

They have to get their money somewhere, Asbo - my friend wasn't billed at all for 12 months    Roll eyes
Not young enough to know everything
scootie
Grafter

yes my GF previously had post office on the line and never got billed once but lost the router and when i moved in i rang up to get the username and password to use my own router and they wouldnt give this info and to cancel the contract 3 months in they wanted the above amount from us and sent the bill.
But i wasnt happy to pay this amount so rang them back to get them to drop the bill if we countied with are broadband with them to which they had to set a new account up and make us wait months for it to come live, ther CS is rubbish and when itried to get put on to the CS agents boss he kept putting me on hold and coming back on with out saying his name trying to pretend to be the person i asked for (like i wasnt going to ask for the persons name for my refrence.
Any way stuck with them for the time being, only bouns is they use the BT retail network so the broadband isnt to bad on this 1500kbps bras line apart from sunday afternoon when gaming is a no no
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Seems like they're still a bit flaky then.
My friend joined when Post Office BB started, against my advice, and I remember the long long waits on the phone to the 'helpdesk' (somewhere in Ulster IIRC) - made Plusnet look super fast.  Cheesy
And as for getting POP3 & SMTP set up, and adding addresses - unbelievable!
Must admit though, his D/L speeds were very good. Haven't asked him lately if they still are.
Not young enough to know everything
scootie
Grafter

And as for getting POP3 & SMTP set up, and adding addresses - unbelievable!

snap  Grin got it setup to check for invoice emails in windows mail and it worked when i set it up and on checking it a day or 2 later i couldnt get the server to auth me. they dont seem to send any emails out any way and i dont use there email address for anything else.
when i loged into there potral a minute ago there was a service status pop up saying there doing some work on the protal from 11pm till 2am  today, doubt it is to make the portal more user friendly and cant see them fixing all the bugs they have
Thank god ive still got a line with PN and my email is in pretty good hands
matt_2k34
Grafter

to say there part of royal mail

[rant]*sigh* The PostOffice and RoyalMail are totally different companies. PO uses the delivery service by Royal mail. Nothing more - PO also uses Parcelforce (and bigger PO's) use other couriers.
This is why PO was open when royal mail was on strike...  Cheesy [/rant]
Thank god ive still got a line with PN and my email is in pretty good hands

i'm not so sure, PN has had a pretty flakey record with Emails itself (touch wood - they've sorted this now) Smiley