Community Veteran

Re: Post Brexit

@RobPN wrote:

@artmo wrote:

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Windy-Bins/td-p/1706885

Remind you of anyone?

@artmo 

Yep, spotted a week ago on his second post under new identity.  Wink  Thumbs_Up

@RobPN sorry for missing this. Well spotted. His third return I think.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

Wrong thread, sorry!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Unbelievable, the Guardian web site in looking for financial support tells readers 'don't let Brexit come between us', then runs a front page report saying that because of Brexit, the coronavirus can "leave the UK exposed to global outbreaks"

From thinking about it, I don't think I'll be subscribing anytime soon.

Pathetic.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Unbelievable, the Guardian web site in looking for financial support tells readers 'don't let Brexit come between us', then runs a front page report saying that because of Brexit, the coronavirus can "leave the UK exposed to global outbreaks"

Oh I forgot that all flights and ships to UK went to an EU airport or port first where they got disinfected and all passengers checked in quarantine for 14 days,  we are really gonna miss that service ....... The Guardian is like the BBC and is going to suffer because of its blatant anti-brexit stance and scare-mongering,  although I doubt many leave voters read it anyway,  except to have a laugh at their latest delusions and 'the sky is falling in' prophecies.  

This is interesting from the Spectator           https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/lets-not-forget-the-unintentional-heroes-of-brexit/amp/

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Interesting article about the collapse of European political model ......... the world is changing fast and the EU model is getting left behind.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/the-death-of-the-centre-in-european-politics/?utm_medium=email&u...

And varadkar pays the price for being the EU willing idiot

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/leo-varadkar-has-paid-the-price-for-banging-on-about-brexit/

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Also reading the Euro is continuing to go down.

Am I smug?

Sorry but yes, just a little. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

It been said many times by others but I make no apology repeating it again.

Many of these politicians and parties simply do not listen to what the vast majority of the population want, they simply think they know what's best for us....it's the tail wagging the dog.

Unfortunately the dog has turned around and bitten them, but despite that they seem unable to learn and keep digging a even bigger hole.

Any party that is to succeed in the future must listen and then implement policies it promises.....and do it fast.

Boris has made some recent decisions which we all have an opinion about....but right or wrong he has made those decisions and is getting on with the job rather than pass it to some committe or enquiry that goes on for years and simply kicks the problem down the road for someone else to decide about.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

Indeed, and if Boris wants to get elected again then he needs to spread the load and the largesse to the whole of the country and not just London and the south east. Sure they generate the money, but the north generated it in the past and it needs to be remembered. The folks that live there want evidence of this and HS2 must only be start. 

As they say, build and they will come - and he'll also get the vote of those young Labour voters from old Labour heartlands. 

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

I notice the personal allowance for the next tax year is to remain unchanged at £12,500, and will then be linked to CPI.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

And that has to be a good thing, yes?

No longer work m'self but it does seem to be moving in the right direction but what a pity that you are still eligible for it until you reach £100,000 after which it starts to decline to zero once you exceed £125,000 but hey, I should worry.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

No, not a good thing, it traditionally goes up every year by RPI, which is usually higher than CPI, so leaving it unchanged for a year is effectively a tax rise.  The 40% threshold is also to remain stagnant for the coming tax year, then that, too, will be raised by CPI.  The PM did say that he wanted the higher tax rate (40%) to start at an income of £80,000, but at the proposed rate of increase that will take a very long time, unless he is expecting high inflation.

More here 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Two fingers up to the EU?

Portugal our oldest ally is to introduce a Brits only fast track passport lanes.

Now all I need to do is afford to go on holiday to Portugal! 😃

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Two fingers up to the EU?

Portugal our oldest ally is to introduce a Brits only fast track passport lanes.

The cracks are showing, at the end of the day EU members are going to look after their

own interests.  There are already calls from members to ditch Barnier, They need someone

who knows about business rather than a card carrying EUSSR politburo member who has the

single aim of punishing / making an example of UK for daring to leave.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Just loved that front page picture on my last edition!

One of the best reads out there with some some terrific articles and writers. Just wish I could afford to buy it more often as I can't always get past that online paywall. Just ended my four weeks free trial offer.