Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable blue tooth speakers

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Portable blue tooth speakers

Always out for a bargain, and also because somebody I know has one, I've have been looking at a Sony SRS XB10 portable wireless speaker - but at around £35 new are they all they are cracked up to be or are they as I cynically suspect, more about brand name as I've seen others a lot cheaper with about the same range and the same battery life.

More bangs for my bucks, or just more bucks for a brand?

s-l225.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 122

Re: Portable blue tooth speakers

No experience with the Sony device, but the smaller UE Wonderboom comes personally recommended.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Haven't got a Wonderboom but I was looking for a cheapie blue tooth for the laptop as its speakers are pretty naff. Bought one of these. For the money pretty good and battery life seems to just go on and on. Had it about 6 months now, no complaints at all. Don't think its waterproof but then I don't listen to music under water. :smiley:

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 29

@bobpullen Crikey me... that is a lot of money, for ONE laptop speaker... !  even though i says saving £35  ... ! ! ..

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@idonno 

I was looking at that one yesterday and it looks great for the laptop but it only has (I think) a two metre range. What I was after was one for a bit of music when sat outside....or whatever. :smiley:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman, How odd is that I was just going to recommend this one but it looks like it's the same as @idonno's. I have one in my bedroom and I've no complaints about it even the bass is quite good for such a small device. I take it in to the bathroom most mornings and it still works even with the door shut and is still audible over the shower too.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous 

Well at that price I guess I'll check it out again and see if I got the range of it wrong. :thumbsup:

jab1
Hero
Fixes: 19

My personal choice for blue tooth speakers (and powerbanks) is Anker. I have a SoundCore 2 speaker for music at home linked to my iPad and am very impressed with its range and sound quality - even at quite high volume.

I also have a couple of powerbanks from them which are very reliable and quickly and easily recharge both the iPhone and iPad when out and about on my travels.

On the one occasion when an oldish (18 month) bank failed to recharge for some reason, they replaced it, no questions asked - with a later version.

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous 

Checked it out again and must have read it wrong as it gives a ten metre range and not two - so I guess I'll give it a go, cheers all.

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Minivanman wrote:  Checked it out again and must have read it wrong as it gives a ten metre range and not two - so I guess I'll give it a go, cheers all.

Seeing your other post I've just done a rough experiment (windy as hell but no rain :smiley: ) as I was certain it was more than 2 metres. Got nearly to the shed with the laptop playing in the house before it started to break up and that is getting on to 18 metres. 15 metre it was solidly connected.

Edit: I see it has come down in price since I bought it, so a bargain.  

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
PowerLee
Rising Star

Another vote for Anker, I also have a soundcore 2 bluetooth speaker, very impressive battery life & for the price it's a excellent sounding speaker.

Also have a couple of there power banks, excellent quality as always from Anker.