cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pope Benedict XVI Visit's Bonnie Scotland

Steve
Pro

Pope Benedict XVI Visit's Bonnie Scotland

Any plusnetter's going to see him? I'm not but thought some will be rather excited?
Pope Benedict will say part of his homily in Gaelic tomorrow during the open air Mass in Glasgow.
The pontiff will include some words in the original language of Scotland at the event in Bellahouston Park as he attempts to tailor his message specifically to the country.
Guido Marini, the Papal Master of Ceremonies, told The Herald: “Although he is saying three masses during his state visit to the UK, including London and Birmingham, the Pope will deliver a specific message to the people of Scotland. There will be some words in Gaelic both in his homily and during the Mass.
“The Holy Father is busy practising his pronunciation.”
The Vatican will not reveal details of the Glasgow homily, which will be beamed out live to an estimated audience of one billion worldwide.
25 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Pope Benedict Visit's Bonnie Scotland

40 thousand of the faithfull in Scotland arnt
Steve
Pro

Why not?
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

One of the Pope's senior advisers has pulled out of the papal visit to Britain, after saying the UK is a "Third World country" marked by "a new and aggressive atheism"
Grin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441

Steve
Pro

Well If any plusnetter's are going to see him please post up any snaps you get of him, I'd love to see them Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
Why not?

100 000 expected for the mass but they would have to be there for five hours,  tickets handed out 60 000  thats the 40 000
Steve
Pro

Thank you Pierre-Pierre, 40 Thousand missing out? That Is a lot, He has a busy 4 days ahead of him, And although there Is controversy It would be a shame for anyone not to go after all It's not his fault. Biggest open-air setting In Scotland for 30 YRS.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Visit's Bonnie Scotland

Well personally I think he should F off back to the vatician and we should not be wasting MILLIONS of £ on this stupid visit.
He may well find 1000's willing to see him in Glasgow but remember Glasgow is very religious, look at the 2 main footy teams one RC & one Protestant  Crazy
Being a died in the wool atheist I HATE this waste of public money on out of date religious c*rp  Roll eyes
What has the catholic church done recently about all the pedophile priests they harbor ? NOTHING  Lips are sealed
Steve
Pro

His visit could bring a lot of money to the table too though.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Pregnant nun ice cream advert banned for 'mockery'
The advert for Antonio Federici ice cream Antonio Federici said its advert was meant to be humorous
An ice cream company banned from using an advert displaying a pregnant nun has vowed to position similar posters in London in time for the Pope's visit.
Antonio Federici's advert showed a pregnant nun eating ice cream in a church, together with the strap line "immaculately conceived".

Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
His visit could bring a lot of money to the table too though.

Sorry the church (which ever one) has a history of GRABBING land and riches and keeping it. The catholic church which is single handedly trying to turn back years of education about contraception etc, wants more followers to get more money.  Crazy
They claim to be POOR christians when they are staying in £900/night hotels let them stay with the followers if they really mean it. the pope lives surrounded by GOLD yet most of the "faithful" are poorer than me  Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy
Steve
Pro

TBH I couldn't care, It's not like this happens every year, Subo Is going to sing to him aswell so good on her. Smiley
magnetism2772
Grafter

people should think
assassinate the Pope and you will  kill Christ on Earth
magnetism2772
Grafter

its why God wants a Pope here
I can forget the  riches
Community Veteran

That is one of the stupidest things I have heard on here. The pope is just like any other leader he still puts his robe on one arm at a time (I was going to say trousers but does he wear any?) Crazy