cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor decisions

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Poor decisions

I was reading earlier today about the poor business decision of a chap called Ronald Wayne. He sold his 10% share of a start-up company in 1976. If he'd hung on to the share he'd be quite wealthy now.
The company was Apple. He sold his stake for $800
It is now worth $58 Billion.
I've made some dumb decisions in my life, but none as drastic as that. Anyone else seen poor decisions?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Poor decisions

Maybe he was desperate for the cash at the time.
I don't think I've made any decisions as poor as that but i've certainly made some regrettable ones in my time like most people.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Hindsight is a great thing Cheesy
Fixes: 125

Quote from: AlaricAdair
I've made some dumb decisions in my life, but none as drastic as that. Anyone else seen poor decisions?
Probably the first time I said 'I do'  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Probably the first time I said 'I do'  Cheesy

Exactly one of my biggest regrets. My other one was leaving college before getting my full qualifications.
At least I can rectify one of those decisions Smiley
nanotm
Pro

my biggest mistake was getting applying for a credit card when I was 19 and then maxing out all 5k of its limit when my annual salary was 9k.....it took me 12 years to get out from under that initial bad decision .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 125

I dropped out of school a month before my 'A' Levels - not a good decision. Did go back to college in 1998/9 and sat & passed two of 4 modules then had the ex on my back so dropped out again.
So, now with the full support of SWMBO, I'm studying for an OU degree. I couldn't do it without her behind me. Once completed I still want to sit the 'A' Level maths. I must be crazy Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

How about Gordon Brown selling every ounce of gold that the UK owned at the lowest price point in January 2000. It's value then rose seven fold to the peak and five fold to now. Costa packet!
Community Veteran

That was a great decision by Mr Brown. I bought a lot of gold when he announced the sell off.  Grin
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I bought nearly a grands worth of memory once for an upgrade for a school. Problem was they changed their minds and I was left with this memory and my supplier would not take it back without a huge surcharge.
Then memory prices suddenly went through the roof and I ended up selling it back to my supplier for a 30% profit. I could have made more by reselling it to the public but I needed to keep the stock turning over and it paid my wages for the week Smiley