Rising Star

Poor Ronnie

He'll miss tonight's programme on BBC1  Roll eyes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25426914
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Poor Ronnie

Ah well, I won't miss him. I'm sure he was probably part of the reason that our railways have been continually vandalised by politicians since (with the exception of Maggie who hated them but weirdly supported them more than any other PM).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

i hate trains too - nasty, noisy, uncomfortable, crowded - but i recognise that as a method of mass transit they can't be beat.  perhaps that's what she concluded; that they are a necessary evil.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

How can you hate trains? They're fascinating pieces of engineering! Admittedly I don't like the new ones much but even so I do find them fascinating.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I enjoyed last night's Great Train Robbery in BBC particularly as the last time I spoke to "Charlie Wilson" he was helping me hump furniture up a staircase when we moved my son and wife into their new flat. He's quite different in real life.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nadger
Rising Star

Didn't bother watching - living in Linslade it happened about 10 minutes from here.
Did watch clip of actor who was playing Roy James - hope he dropped his Scottish accent.
Back in 1955 I worked alongside Roy James when we were both REME instrument mechanics doing National Service and based at Colchester.  He actually made a broach for my mum as he was silver smith/jeweller.
In Aug 1963 SWMBO and I had to go through road blocks on bridge from Anglesey where we'd been camping.