cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll - Bad driving habits

Fixes: 125

Poll - Bad driving habits

Please be kind as this is my first poll which was suggested here.
I tried to include most habits raised but was concerned about having too many options.
I've allowed for two votes.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

31 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Poll - Bad driving habits

My list would also include -
1:  Not using turn indicators.
2:  Being in wrong lane when going around roundabouts.
3:  Riding horses on main roads AT NIGHT ! - without lights or reflective jackets etc.
4:  Unsupervised children riding horses on busy roads.
5:  Horse riders using offensive language & gestures towards other road users, when the other road user has done everything humanly possible to avoid or startle them.
6:  People who always drive at 45mph, whether in a 30mph limit or on unrestricted roads.
7:  People leaving church (or equivalent) and seem to be unaware of any other traffic around them,  - Sunday lunchtime in Chelmsford is like playing dodgems.
8:  People falling asleep at the wheel.  -  Happens frequently on the A12 from Harwich.

errrm, I better stop there before this turns into a rant  Wink

Lack of indicators and roundabouts should have been added.
Horses - not really about driving Wink
Shall I add these and change the no of votes to 3 or just leave it as it is?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

I would add them as you picked up two of my pet peeves - please increase the number of votes to 3 as I would like to vote for a third  Grin

Added the Indicator and roundabout options but can't see how I can increase the number of votes Embarrassed

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Horses belong in fields (or in glue) and NOT on the roads as they are a seriously dangerous daily driving hazard where I live.
No matter how carefully you drive, these inconsiderate and wreckless horse riders have little concept of the danger they cause.
If I were you I would probably leave the poll as it is because I think there will be a lot of further suggestions  Smiley

Quote from: purleigh
If I were you I would probably leave the poll as it is because I think there will be a lot of further suggestions   Smiley

Yeah, I think you're right  Cool

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Added the Indicator and roundabout options but can't see how I can increase the number of votes Embarrassed
Done  Grin

I assume those of us who have already voted can't make use of the extra vote  Sad
But thanks for making the change.

Community Veteran

I can reset the poll count if needed or allow users to change their vote . See if you can make a third vote
You may be able to change it yourself but I am not too familiar with the permissions for polls

I don't really want to reset the vote count to zero as that's unfair to those who have already cast their votes - beside, they may not come back to this thread and vote again?
Also, nowhere where I can set the option to allow user to change their vote. It was there when the poll was created.

Community Veteran

Vote change now allowed - must go and look at permissions
There is nothing in the regular permissions so it must be somewhere in the hidden default permissions

Thanks. Have now changed my vote Smiley
jim:quote  Grin

Community Veteran

Lack of politeness covers a lot of them - dazzling other road users (rude), not indicating (rude), tailgating (rude) ...
You get the picture Wink
I hate it when people drive all the way around the outside of a roundabout, causing everybody else to a) guess where they're going, and b) change their road position to avoid them.  I live near the Army and Navy roundabout in Chelmsford (not quite as notorious as it used to be), and I estimate that around 80% of drivers don't know how to go round it, or if they do, they chose a different lane anyway.
I often get blinded by either main beam lights or just badly adjusted lights shining in my rear view mirror.  I've now stopped dipping my mirror, and instead, I adjust it to reflect the headlights straight back. Angry
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There's a few others I could add. Yesterday's incident covers a few:
My wife had an operation under general anaesthetic yesterday morning, yesterday was a first - she felt very sick - normally she is sick. So driving her home I was driving very considerately, at a bit lower than normal speed and making sure I missed all the potholes. Doing 35 in a 40mph limit I get an idiot behind me honking, flashing lights, gesticulating for me to speed up. I didn't - if anything I went slower because it was unsafe with someone so close to my boot lid. At the first opportunity I let him pass. I bet he'd have felt a right plonker if the situation had been explained to him.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)