Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Police

Police numbers are well below what they were 10 or more years ago....added to that a number will be off sick for a variety of reasons so.....

Where have all these Police appeared from on the streets due to this virus ? A good thing they are there of course but prior to this virus it was very rare in this are to see any police or police cars about....so where have they all come from. ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Police

A good question, @gleneagles - but don't expect a sensible one from HMG.😁

John
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm going to guess they were allowed to leave their paper-pushing desk jobs to do some real policing... 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reduction in the number of court cases going ahead will have freed up a lot of police time as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51935320

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I assume it has been decided that they are safer out and about than in cramped police stations offices.

And there are not so many people around to call them naughty names and upset them.

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

I don't know, I still haven't seen one recently. Are you sure they were real and not one of those cardboard cutouts.  They've been used for years to boost the numbers 😁

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I've been rather perplexed by this too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just returned from a quick shop and feeding the ducks. In that relatively small area I saw four police vehicles.

One reason for more on the streets was obvious looking at them. None had the usual "courting couple". All had a single police person in them.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

There was a report in the paper.... that .. a couple of days after the start of the "lock down"... 650 criminals were arrested in London...

The police just went round their houses.. knocked on the door... and arrested them....

They had to be at home.... so ... if they are all locked up..( probably back out on bail but... hey...)  if they are all "locked down"  at home....then they ain`t out robbing and doing other stuff.. so the police have less to do... what a great idea !... now we have more "bobbies on the beat"..

You could say that this virus has killed of crime  ! ! ! ! ..Cheesy

Let`s face it... if "joe public" is told he not to go to work... the same should apply to the crims ! ! !  Grin

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The wearing of masks is going to make it difficult to identify on CCTV those people who've got up to no good.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Interesting question, I'd imagine the specials (the voluntary police in London, not sure if they are present elsewhere) may have been called in, and are hopefully paid - they certainly deserve it.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think Special Constables do exist outside London but possibly not in every force.  Talking to a full-time Met PC some time ago I was told that some people become Special Constables and only do the minimum number of hours in order to get free travel, which is worth quite a lot in London.

Strat
Fixes: 505

If you walked into a bank with a face mask on, would staff alert the police?

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@Strat  Try it.... and see.... Shocked

(let me know... I may join you   Coolon the 2nd raid ! ! )  Cool

ello  ello  ello  Police

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

With the police stopping and checking people driving around is this disrupting the countylines drug gangs or is it an essential service the police are allowing to continue????EvilEvil