Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police ?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Police ?

Do you feel safe ?

is this country getting worse ? or is it just the lack of funds for the police ?   worried, police are under too much pressure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b3q1rm/panorama-police-under-pressure

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
13 REPLIES
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Police ?

It does worry me that society has changed so much in the past few years that the old time bobby is no longer fit for purpose and that we now find ourselves with a readily armed reactionary police force alongside a thin blue line of the unarmed variety.

Seems to me that distasteful as it is for some - including serving police officers it must be said - that the only short term option is to have an armed police force as standard, supported long term by an increasingly empowered 'municipal' force under the direction of and funded by our Local Authorities. More police for local enforcement, then more rates to get what's required - which is far more than we already 'don't' have.

The status quo as far as numbers are concerned is not enough, we must do something.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

I would approach it from a different angle. There are many different types of people in prison but some are very violent reoffenders or run organisations such as people smuggling or head of drug cartels etc.

If found guilty by a court there would be a option for the judge to send them to a special prison staffed by ex army staff where they would be up every day 5am, ball and chain job breaking rocks, refusal to work ? no problem....no food.

Forget tv, visits by relatives and the like it should be one of the harshest environments possible, no doubt there would be a few deaths, so what ? no great loss to society.

The message would soon get through to others, and after a period in such a place few would ever want to go back.

The whole system needs to go in reverse it is the victim and not the criminal who should be the priority, we have had all this claptrap from psychologists and others how to address the problem and indeed it might work for some with less serious offences but hardened violent criminals just laugh at the current system rather they should be afraid of it.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Absolutely, and on all points. Thumbs Up

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles  Thumbs Up   and i would say bring back the stocks for minor sentences , never mind your ASBO or Community service  , 1 or 2 days in them would make them think Thumbs Up

Mayfly
Pro

I feel perfectly safe where I live but I can't remember the last policeman I saw on the streets of my local city. In the main the only time you see a police a uniform is in a car with blue lights flashing or in a speed camera vehicle.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Mayfly

You can delete one of those, speed camera vehicles do not have police officers in them despite what it says on the tin Wink 

Mayfly
Pro

So I see even less that I thought I did Shocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:.

special prison staffed by ex army staff where they would be up every day 5am, ball and chain job breaking rocks, refusal to work ? no problem....no food.

Forget tv, visits by relatives and the like it should be one of the harshest environments possible, no doubt there would be a few deaths, so what ? no great loss to society.

What a brilliant idea, @gleneagles. And perhaps the entrance to the prison could have a big sign saying something like ‘work sets you free’... /sarcasm

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

This has to be asked , what would you do after this

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two sides to every story. That was one side.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

alan j.PNG

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles

'Work sets you free'

Not one for limits of any sort but how distasteful and how low can some go to allude the tragedy that was Auschwitz to make a point in their reply to you. Shameful does not even come close.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman

As was said above:

60FD2D1A-DE44-4AB8-95FB-08D56FCE216A.png