cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police need a 81 year old to restrain criminals

Community Veteran

Police need a 81 year old to restrain criminals

I watch a lot of the tv cop shows you know the real on the beat ones road wars etc. What amazes me is the level of violence the Police use on suspects you often see several officers applying great force to one man.  You can argue some deserve it but many you later find in the program that they were innocent.  Its time the Police learnt to deal with offenders in a way that doesn’t require violence.
Its one of the laws of nature that you can not attack another and if you do then you are breaking the laws and if you do and the other doesn’t accept your force but returns it to you in a circle you will destroy yourself. This may seem a little hard to grasp but if the Police use force to restrain a criminal then they are wrong as they are applying a force against another human.
You know yourself if someone pushes you or try’s to pull you the first thing you do is try and resist its natural this is why the Police can arrest these people and it takes so many of them to do it. What they should do is get an 81 year old to come and sort the yobs out without using violence.
To understand what the hell I am on  about look at this video of the founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33qmz_morihei-ueshibagrand-maitre-aikidof_sport
it’s a scratchy film but it shows a 81 year old throwing people about like rag dolls what is more remarkable if you watch closely you will see in some cases he doesn’t even touch them. This isn’t a fake film but real its like sitting down and someone moves the chair and you fall Aikido uses the same idea.

Many Police all over the world use Aikido as you can subdue someone and it doesn’t hurt them but its effective as you require 0 force to do it. If you go to a Aikido club they explain that all the moves are natural and don’t involve breaking arms and things like some other arts and in class the guide if you have done it right is if the other person is happy.
The actual danger is if the Police meet someone who uses their force against them they are in trouble and they way they go on  TV they will kill someone 4 coppers jumping on someone can stop them breathing or kill them 
10 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Police need a 81 year old to restrain criminals

My Son is a Custody Sergeant in a Large town Central Police station
his history 
Black Belt Karate
Three Year No 2 Para
Head of security at a local shopping centre
Then joined Police.
They are not allowed to use sleeper hold, he can subdue most inmates
Some people that the Police have to arrest are ofeten severely drunk, beligerent, under the influence of power inducing drugs.  That is why it takes a lot of people to arrest them, generally one on each limb
Fixes: 104

We'll have to remember not to upset you too much then Pierre  Crazy Shocked
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I didnt say which town but it is about a two hour ride from me Smiley Wink Roll eyes
techguy
Grafter

Suspect he needs all the help he can get with the kind of trash that wander the streets these days.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Guess who just turned up unannounced
Asked him his opinion.  He said that in his basic training at Ryton-on-Dunsmore police training college they did a short course in a form of Martial arts, tuned to the police and that there is not  a total ban on its use, but like all of these arts - practice makes perfect and unfortunately not many of them keep up the practice.
Community Veteran

The point I was making is this 81 year old man as you can see in the video throws people like rag dolls and he uses their force against  them by applying NO force so it wouldnt take 4 Police to hold a man down just one old man of 81 years. Not using Aikido makes thing more dangerous for the Police and the criminal and gives him chance to sue.
In some of the real things on TV the Police go overboard there was one the other week were 2 officers tried to arrest a man who resisted and the second officer belted him with the metal truncheon at which point the lad stopped struggling but the officer then struck him again even though he was lying still.
In another real life one they tazered a man without giving a warning in case he had a gun but it turned out he was innocent. Things like this dont go down well with the public and shows the Police in bad light. We all appreciate they have a hard job to do  and a lot of yobs could benefit from a clip around the ear but thats not justice
techguy
Grafter

Thing is samuria, if you think someone has a gun are you going to wait to see if your suspicion is vindicated or are you going to disable the individual to prevent risk to yourself, your fellow officers and members of the public in th event of a posible weapon discharge? (as I don't think they are too picky about targets)
Community Veteran

Shooting first is how the man got killed in the London bombing and turned out to be innocent.  The thing is violence escalates the Police think the man has a gun so they send in the arm response unit who turn up mob handed with 10 officers with guns now instead of having people in danger from one gun they are now endanger from 11 guns. So you see they have escalated the danger by a large percentage.
They havent full studied the risks I have for 30 years given martial demos and we often have a man with a gun who has it drawn and pointing at me I have proved time and time again that I can hit him and remove the gun before he has chance to fire even though he knows I am going to do it. This is down to the reflex lag there is a time your eyes see the danger work out what to do and then fire and its a long time in the real world.
Mathematically its safer for the Police to turn up with one armed officer and a dog then there is only the chance of 2 guns going off instead of 11. I often wonder what the Police can do you see them armed at airport with machine guns how can they use these guns? Can you imagine what would happen if they fired a machine gun in a crowded airport?
Of coarse its easy to discuss this in the comfort of our arm chair not having to go out and face it in the real world
techguy
Grafter

What about beanbag rounds instead of bullets to disable and disoientate but not kill
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or so they thought rubber bullets which have been fatal