cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police & Crime Commissioners

nadger
Rising Star

Police & Crime Commissioners

Just had polling cards through letterbox telling us to vote on 15th November.
Had to go here to see candidates - we have two, one Tory & one Labour, neither of which has provided an introductory statement.
Don't really agree with idea so won't waste energy voting.
30 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Police & Crime Commissioners

I received a card yesterday and had a read of the four candidates in my area last night.
I usually vote on stuff but can't really see much point in this one.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

@Nadger, you're lucky, we have 7 candidates.  A lot of recognisable faces of individuals who have been attempting to get on the Parliamentary gravy train for many years.
Community Veteran

Haven't had any voting cards yet but looking on nadger's link many of my candidates look to be has been MP's. Yet another job for the boys.  
Do the cards give any details of the candidates. If not I can't see anyone bothering to search out the pros and cons of their local passengers waiting to board the gravy train. I assume they are going to be very well paid, with a vast pension pot and even vaster expenses.
All I want to know is which of my candidates intend to put police back on the beat? If none of them are no point in me voting.
Community Veteran

I've registered for a postal vote. Not done this before and it was a simple process.
wurzel
Grafter

It's a matter of "He who pays the paper calls the tune"
He is the representative of the Council Tax payers who pay for the Police.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo
I've registered for a postal vote. Not done this before and it was a simple process.
I registered for a postal vote for the General Election back in 2010 as I knew I would be in hospital. Yes, the application was simple enough and I made it in good time yet it failed to materialise.
Many phone calls and promises but it still never arrived - neither on time or afterwards.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Must be my age but one site tells me I have 3 candidates and another site tells me I have 4.
Police Elections site lists 3 candidates.
BBC Site lists 4 candidates.
Community Veteran

Oh, you're right!! The official site lists 7 for my area but only 6 on the BBC site.

At least they're inconsistent Roll eyes
Maybe we have 7 Undecided
Well that settles it...I'm definitely not voting.
Community Veteran

I'm assuming your first site is correct.  Maybe the BBC hasn't updated its information.  I'll know when my postal ballot form arrives.
Fixes: 104

we have 5, 2 of which have posted a photo and an introductory statement.
Assume the rest really aren't that bothered.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Could be that a candidate has just posted an interest. We have this in my area, a Conservative and Labour (who hasn't given any details other than name) a quick search showed a Lib Dem has just entered the fray.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Are all your candidates statements as bland and vague as mine? Where's any zeal or promised changes?
I want one to actually say what they are going to do/change. Not "focus more" on this or "make our communities safer". I want them to say when and how. They're all speaking too much like politicians. A public servant I want less of not more.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

When it comes to national or local government elections, I always vote and would encourage everyone to do the same.
But voting for a 'Police and Crime Commissioner'? I would hope that the vast majority of the electorate would boycott these elections to show that they don't care for the idea of politicising the police.
Not young enough to know everything