cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police Punch

Community Veteran

Police Punch

A Police officer has been found guilty of hitting a suspect who spat in his mouth during arrest.
Police Arrest
Whilst I have to agree the officer was wrong to hit the individual I have some sympathy for him. It was a disgusting and unnecessary act by the suspect and the officer reacted on impulse.
3 REPLIES
Razer
Grafter

Re: Police Punch

Spat in his face, some of which, according to the officer, went into his mouth. Either way, I can understand flipping at someone who spits in your face. It is one of the most provocative acts anyone can do. Honestly, I think it's a rare person who could control themselves if someone spits in their face. Equally, however, I would like to know what was said or done exactly to provoke the guy spitting into doing something which expresses such deep contempt in the first place. I can well imagine that if you're cuffed and someone (police officer or not) says or does something provocative to you that you could easily 'strike out' by spitting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Does not matter what he said nothing excuses someone from spitting in a persons face, not sure if it would be classed as an assault but it should be !
Prisoner punches PC outcome is likely a fine or community service. PC punches prisoner and quite likely he will lose his job & pension.
Community Veteran

The officer is currently suspended and sentencing is sometime in September.  His barrister said an appeal is to be lodged.