cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points on Driving Licence

itsme
Grafter

Re: Points on Driving Licence

Are you being economical with the truth about your uncle? If the woman had completely t-boned your uncle's car then I can't see how the indicator come into it. If she saw your uncle indicating then it would have been more likely that your Uncle would have t-boned her car, as she would have pulled out in front of an approaching car.
Fixes: 266

Quote from: JamesM
England.......My uncle was driving along a road and a women ran a giveway sign and t-boned him. Police came and the woman said my uncle had his indicator on. They both lost points and had to have their respective cars fixed by themselves.

AFAIK police aren't interested unless someone is hurt or they witness the event.
For insurance purposes the indicator being on makes no difference as it is up to the driver emerging to ensure it is safe to move - that includes waiting to see if the indicating car actually turns or not. Without witnesses to the contrary the woman would be at fault.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

What does T-boned mean ?
Fixes: 266

Head-on collision into the side of another car.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: JamesM

Lets run a scenario for the slow people at the back. A woman is approaching to stop at a give way sign, she looks right and thinks she sees a car indicating to turn left, so she thinks she is ok from the right. She looks left and there is nothing coming that way either so she pulls out not checking her right again and hits the car coming from the right because it wasn't indicating after all. Have you got that, did I explain it simply enough for you ?

No I understand you fully. The resultant accident would not be T-boned unless the women driver was driving a car that could accelerate 0 to 60 in about 3 seconds The accident would be more likely a nose to nose.
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley