Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointless Post.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Pointless Post.

Had three separate letters this morning from the same company about the same subject - and all identical. These were not charity circulars either, they were in response to an enquiry I had made about a past loan. What's going on?

Not as bad as this though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/23/irish-electricity-company-sends-a-threatening-letter-t...

As regards to those charity circulars - not so many as we usually get this time of the year which is a pity because I could do with some more free pens, cards and stickers!   

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Pointless Post.

I like the big bags. Great for garden waste.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Big bags? I never get those unless they have been dropped off by the bin men.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Got a load of the charity bags by the front door here, they deliver the damned things every couple of weeks, but they never ever come round to collect, but that said, how many bags of clothes do they think we can fill in a month?? Last item of clothing I disposed of was an old hole-ridden t-shirt I'd torn up into rags to use in the shed, I wear my clothes 'til they are worn out, none of this weekly fashion malarkey for me!! Crazy2

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

may be the graveyard error is not as daft as it seems. Mightthere be a maintenance etc building on site that could require an energy source?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Fixes: 47

I used to put stuff in charity bags but after having 3 or 4 uncollected I decided to stop, unless I had a large quantity of clothing and other materials to get rid of.

I don't sign up to charity donations at the door as there are over 195,000 registered charities in the UK and if each wanted £10 per month that would stretch my pension to breaking point.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Basically we have charitable organisations we are committed to, giving by S.O. Most bags through the door end up used fot whatever we want. We read them carefully before we fill any of them, as sometimes the bags are for commercial undertakings.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.