cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket camcorders?

jmd
Grafter

Pocket camcorders?

I keep seeing a lot of videos on the Cairn Forums I go on and find it great watching the dog's antics - more interesting than a still photo.  I am interested in what these pocket camcorders are like - does anyone have one or know what is a good, cheap, easy to use, easy to share, buy?
[cannot afford much but hope that may get some money as gift at Christmas! mind you there are other more useful things I need to have!]
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Pocket camcorders?

Worth checking your digital camera or even your mobile phone as many have the facility to record short clips Smiley
Community Veteran

i've just got myself a kodak easyshare m320, 9.2mp, 16gb capacity sd (micro with adapter), which has stills and video function.  i took video with my now defunct cybershot and they worked out quite well.  this new one will give me longer to film and a larger capacity to save.
apart from design, there seems little difference in functionality between a camcorder and a digital camera.
jmd
Grafter

My Olympus digital camera does take video but it uses up battery quickly, they are very short clips [usually just got sorted and it goes off] and they are not very good.
Amazon are reasonable but it knowing which are worthwhile!
magnetism2772
Grafter

for the bargain channels
palm sized cam corders from £40 up
pierre_pierre
Grafter

depends on how much you want to pay Josie, they even come in HD,  Comparison of six here http://www.pcworld.com/article/164197/six_hd_pocket_camcorders_sidebyside.html
good price on Amazon  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Definition-Pocket-Camcorder-integral/dp/B001RIYJ2E  reduced from £180 to£ 60  for HD