cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet staff with nothing to do?

Anonymous
N/A

Plusnet staff with nothing to do?

It seems there is at least one member of the Plusnet 'help team' who doesn't have enough work on... Perhaps his time could be better spent helping customers with problems with their connection or billing rather than 'scouring youtube' for recipes...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Quick-and-easy-winter-recipes-to-tickle-your-taste-buds/...

8 REPLIES
rmalin12457

Re: Plusnet staff with nothing to do?

Today is Saturday, I am going 'live' on Monday, having placed my order a month ago. But with no sign of my new PlusNet router, I gave them a call this morning. The man on the phone said it should be with me in 2/3 working days. I said that could be Tuesday or Wednesday. I also said I didn't think that was very good. He agreed but that was all he could say. Bit disappointing as a new customer.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

And it all ends with..... "So we hope you enjoy making and eating some of the recipes we’ve recommended. Don’t forget – the best way to make the most of searching for any recipes online is with superfast, unlimited fibre from Plusnet" 

If only.

Perhaps I'll leave a note for Santa just in case, say a few Hail Marys and cross my toes at the same time. What I will not do (including cook that vegetarian chilli perish the thought) ..... is hold my breath.

PS. Did anybody know that a Hail Mary is a very long forward pass in American football made in desperation with only a small chance of success. Sound familiar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Mary_pass

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
angalow

I too am supposed to go live on 1st December & no sign of my router, i decline to phone the so called customer services? Don't make me laugh was kept on phone awaiting to speak with a humanoid for half an hour shan't happen again as i refuse to phone them again, can you believe it they pontificate on T.V how good their customer interaction is?

Load of baloney, i think i'm making a big mistake joining Plusnet!

rmalin12457

Okay, so today (my designated 'go live' date) my phone line switched to Plusnet. I received an email to confirm this, so all is good on that front. When I got home from work, first job was to check I had internet. My Archer C8 TP-Link router (purchased a few months ago to replace my BT Home Hub) was showing the blue internet light, so all looked promising. I logged in to the router setup page and typed in my Plusnet username and password. It seemed to take a long time to connect but after a few minutes it showed 'connected'. I have checked my download speed and it shows around 30mbs with an upload speed of around 2mbs. I will re-check these speeds in a few days time. So everything is looking good except that my Plusnet router has not arrived. I don't plan to use it, but anyone who doesn't have a router already, would be completely stuffed! I will reserve judgement on Plusnet until I have had it up and running for a week or two. My reason for switching from BT was the low cost of fibre broadband compared to BT. Time will tell if I have made the right decision!

Community Veteran

Back in the day I used to manage a team of about 240 IT Infrastructure support staff, including Help Desk in a stressful 24 hour environment. I used to find that having a relaxed approach to social activities by the team always produced better results for the End Client. Screw down on the staff and you'd find performance levels go down.  So I'd support the idea of the PN staff hunting down some recipies.

However I used to ensure the managers would undertake root cause analysis of faults to eliminate the causes of problems or slow delivery. If suppliers were under performing, we'd deal with it. Do PN do this type of follow up?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@AlaricAdair I'm amazed that someone with your length of membership even thinks to ask the question in the last line of your post.

As is obvious from the number of times the same problem crops up, and PN seem surprised by it, it is painfully obvious they do no root-cause analysis, or even maintain a database of frequent problems.

John
Minivanman
Hero

"If suppliers were under performing, we'd deal with it. Do PN do this type of follow up?"

What supplier would this be, presumably British Telecom? Hardly news to managers and customers alike now is it, and what exactly are Plusnet able to do about it I hear you ask...

Sweet fanny adams we all reply in chorus. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

AlaricAdair wrote:

root cause analysis

Looking at the recipes probably a couple of parsnips and a few chopped carrots.