cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's New Telly Ad

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Plusnet's New Telly Ad

Since I can’t comment on the topic that relates to this I thought I’d put if here, but feel to move if it's in the wrong place. I saw for the second time last night Plusnet’s new advert and the more I think about it the more I’m convinced I have seen some of it before, and I don’t mean when I viewed the video when the announcement was made).

There is a bit in the advert where ‘Joe?’ rushes down the road to prevent another pedestrian getting wet, and it is this bit I’m convinced I’ve seen before. Can anyone tell me if I’m going bonkers please.

4 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet's New Telly Ad

Not thinking of a scene from The Gremlins where they try to keep the mogwai from getting wet are you?

Just a thought.

PS. Tried to view the video but at a download speed of less than 1mb/s, I'm getting more 'buffers' than Don Corleone!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

No, I actually mean the same scene in another Plusnet advert. Never seen the gremlins film anyway.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Ah right, and never seen The Gremlins? It was one of the classics of the early 80's. Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Wasn't there a scene in a horror movie where the victim struck a pose just like the ad as one of those American road washers sprayed all over him. Only it wasn't water it was acid and he melted away and washed down the drain.

Or maybe that was just wishful thinking.Smiley