Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet on ITV news this evening

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Plusnet on ITV news this evening

A brief clip of (a very quiet) Plusnet on ITV news this evening.  PN starts at 0:45.

16 REPLIES 16
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

Re: Plusnet on ITV news this evening

According to the spokesman - one third in the office and two thirds WFH, and no mention of staff shortage due to Covid or self isolation.

So why is the forum full of customers saying they can't get through on the phones?

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

He is the marketing director so of course he won't say that on national TV.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

It`s all in the "key words" that he spoke at the end of the interview.....

"........ and we don`t see that changing, actually.... " 

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 201

The message that I get is that Plusnet are entirely satisfied with the level of customer support that they are providing. It seems that the employees choose whether they go into the office and it's just tough if customer support suffers as a result. Oh, and we're not expecting that there will be any improvement in the forseeable future.

Is this part of a BT grand plan to just let Plusnet wither away? 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Like office workers everywhere and even within such places as the teaching profession, they are going to have to be dragged back screaming to the workplace all the time they are being paid a full wage whilst being sat 'working' from home. 

A recently promoted female police sergeant we know with health issues has not attended her station for months - and is absolutely loving her job at the moment... and who can blame her. 

Paid monthly for doing sweet Fanny Adams, it's almost as good as being retired. 😆  

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

And to think, for many years workers have blamed those on benefits for being work shy!

Now the tables have turned and workers are proving to be the work shy instead!

Didn't see that one coming..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

And the longer you are away from the workplace the harder it will be to return....

Equally the saving on travel costs and time when working from home is an additional reason not to return.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Strat
Fixes: 515

I'm a qualified welder so working from home would have been 'interesting' to say the least.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit)

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

I have had the privilege of working from home for over 15 years now and in that time I'm lucky if I've been to HQ more than a couple of dozen times.

However when working from home being productive requires you to take a highly disciplined approach to yourself, your time management and the task at hand. It's all too easy to migrate away from the desk when you know you're not being watched.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@Strat wrote:

I'm a qualified welder so working from home would have been 'interesting' to say the least.

Got a garage ?   get jobs brought to you  ! ! ! ...

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

@shutter 

People doing that sort of stuff from domestic garages can be a source of annoyance to neighbours, apart from planning permission probably being required.

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 201

@Mook wrote:

However when working from home being productive requires you to take a highly disciplined approach to yourself, your time management and the task at hand. It's all too easy to migrate away from the desk when you know you're not being watched.

I can't disagree with you. Before I retired I worked at home some time. To be honest I was more productive as I was interested in what I was doing and could get on with it undisturbed apart from being brought the odd cuppa from my other half.

However reading posts on this forum regarding the almost none existent customer services, apart from the new customer sign up department, indicates to me that for Plusnet this is simply not working.

What really get's me is that there is apparently no plan on how to manage the business during this pandemic despite this going on since the spring. There is so much that could be done to make things run smoother but all there appears to be coming out of Plusnet is a complacent shrug of the shoulders and the statement that things will not improve in the near future.

I assume that this is the exciting future that is in store with the integration of Plusnet into the BT Retail business. A rudderless ship left to drift into oblivion.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobPN 

Seeing far more of that sort of thing,and by far the worst are those repairing cars. 

One not that far from us who uses the actual road on which to park and repair cars with often three or four on the go at the same time - plus the guy seems to own the land opposite that looks like a junk yard. Really sad to see it in a residential area as with a couple of others notn far removed that sell cars half dozen at a time parked up complete with those 'for sale' stickers over them. 

How they get away with in what are after all as said are residential areas is beyond me. 

All for cottage industries, in fact this area was well known for home spinning and the like but when it impacts on the visusl such as those cars, well that really is sad to see, literally. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

@Minivanman 

It might be worth checking whether the cars being repaired or for sale which are parked on the road are taxed, insured, MOT'd  Wink

Check if a vehicle is taxed - GOV.UK

Check the MOT history of a vehicle - GOV.UK

Check if a vehicle is insured