cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet music

N/A

Plusnet music

In the new Plusnet television advertisements much is being made of the Yorkshire connection.
I haven't telephoned for a while so don't know what the current music is on the answerphone but it has just occurred to me that they really should use a varied collection of brass band music.
It should definitely be a Yorkshire band, being careful to avoid over the border ones.  I would imagine it would save money too as there are plenty about so would be quite competitive.
Anyone agree?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Plusnet music

I agree, and of course,...... they should be playing "On Ilkley moor.............. b`aht `at...." Cheesy  with vocals ......  (enter chinaman singing.....  Grin)
Community Veteran

Always nice to hear good music when you are on hold instead of the usual rubbish. Smiley
jmd
Grafter

Well, what they should play is the "Symphony for Yorkshire" which has brass bands, guitars, harp - everything!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8859000/8859457.s...
sound and Pics
The BBC's most ambitious musical project, A Symphony for Yorkshire, was broadcast for the first time in celebration of Yorkshire Day - Sunday 1st August 2010.
magnetism2772
Grafter

if it was a  recording of pipe and drum by the black watch, i'd ring up occasionally
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Of course, PlusNet could gain some "advertising revenue" from other "local" companies.... such as

(yes I know it`s been on here before.... but seemed appropriate)
And here is the music, plusnet should use...  (Including Karoake words fer the forruners, ! !  Grin

N/A

Great links.  Now that the Yorkshire tie--up is being so heavily promoted by Plusnet, perhaps they should be required studying for all new staff in CS so that they could promulgate the connection! 
Regarding the music, I reckon that 'Jerusalem' with those 'Dark, Satanic Mills' might be just right!
Community Veteran

I posted this back in July to celebrate Yorkshire Day - great music I thought.

Sunday is the 25th Yorkshire Day.
To celebrate the event the BBC will broadcast a symphony specially composed for Yorkshire Day.
Yorkshire Day
It's a 15 minute piece and It will be available on the BBC websites for  Bradford & West Yorkshire,    Leeds,    Sheffield & South Yorkshire,    York & North Yorkshire  and  Humberside.
You can also find out about the project on  Facebook  ,  Twitter  and the  About the BBC blog  . A film about the making of the Symphony will be broadcast on BBC Four in the Autumn.