Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet in top 2 of worst broadband providers/ top 3 of landline providers

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet in top 2 of worst broadband providers/ top 3 of landline providers

Just seen this article about Ofcom complaints. plusnet are only behind Vodafone with complaints about broadband. Wonder how much worse it may get under the live chat debacle?

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet in top 2 of worst broadband providers/ top 3 of landline providers

Even their comedian advertiser fails to raise a laugh.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Do the statistics of compaints received really tell all? Now I am not defending the crass things that providers do, but changes in servises offered is not a matter for this thread.

The bare statistic of compliants received would be more helpful, if it were related to the number of users, the complaints solved and users' ultimate satisfaction.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Luzern wrote: Do the statistics of compaints received really tell all? <> The bare statistic of compliants received would be more helpful, if it were related to the number of users, the complaints solved and users' ultimate satisfaction.

Couldn't agree more. When I was with PN and the line tipped up, I found them ok for getting things resolved but saying that, it was a few years ago. Chat was very handy then. As an ISP, I found very littlle to complain about. And indeed, I would have still been with PN but for the lack of perceived value as a customer.

My line is currently partially tipped up at the moment so had to call the tech support of my new ISP this morning to get things moving - something I usually dread. Ok, I had to press a few numbers to get through to the correct department but I can tell you, I nearly fell off the chair with the speed at which a real person picked up the phone - I was already waiting for those magic words: Your call is important to us...... Got an OR person coming Monday morning. Whether PN would have matched that performance, who knows.

All I know is that usually my last contact with a company defines what I think of them. But all companies make a choice as to how many support staff they will have per thousands of customers, how much bandwidth they'll have available etc etc. It's a juggling act but get it wrong and your customers will let you know.  Be it direct or via a complaint to Ofcom, newspapers or social media. As usual there are Lies, damned lies, and statistics. You take your pick as to which you believe.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

If I had a company with 1,000 customers and 1 complaint.... then that would be 1 complaint too many ...

Unfortunately for PlusNet... this scenario does not seem to register....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If I were to speculate I expect the problem with "chat" is that the customers get an indisputable record to refer back to when promises made fail to materialise.

As a generalisation things said over the phone line aren't worth a plugged nickel as many firms have a basic policy for their phone operators to churn through their problem customers as fast as possible. Usually doing this by simply agreeing with the customers and saying what they want to hear. And then forgetting about it.