Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet downloads record £43m profit

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Plusnet downloads record £43m profit

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/plusnet-downloads-record-43m-profit-1-8166171

Not only are profits up , complaints are up, wait times are up,  so a big congratulations

A snippet from the article "Plusnet finance director Paula Smith is proud of staff for helping the firm hit record profits"

How about using some of the record profits PN to sort out your billing system etc.., , that takes customers money and does not allow them to see their final bills, due to their accounts been closed as soon as services are moved away  .

Mike
32 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet downloads record £43m profit

Now if only us cash cows, I mean customers were treated like shareholders and rewarded with some dividends from this profit......... Crazy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I wonder if these reviews are relevant http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Plusnet-PLC/reviews?fcountry=ALL

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Old jim ,, i liked that comment "The Management were unapproachable and unreasonable."

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

IT Works this looks ominous,,,,, Finance director Paula Smith - who joined on April 1 Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Reminds me of the predicament a fella I know in canada went through when Bell-Aliant bought out the small phone & ISP company he worked for, and then the little company just seemed to get absorbed and doesn't exist any more........

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Dunno what went on at plusnet HQ but ever since this new community thing came up there seemed to be things going on at PN that led to the downfall of interaction on here and service in general.

Ah yes... from OldJims link:

Something tells me we won't be sticking with this ISP for very long. If Bullying Tactics is running the place now then it's pointless paying them for a service they don't want to provide even though they claim they do - they're never happy with their customers no matter how much money they're getting.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

7up wrote:
Something tells me we won't be sticking with this ISP for very long.

Course not, PN'll be assimilated into the BT collective, just as they bought out Dabs.com and ultimately merged that into the BT shop, can't be having all this competition after all... Funny

Community Veteran

Charging more for less will of course bump up profits.

But how long will that last.

Probably not much longer as all the signs are there that the party is over.

Superuser
Superuser

Not for new customers , as 40/2 ist £5 a month for the entire 18 month contract, obviously phone required also 

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

Mike
Community Veteran

And for existing customers ..............

Zip

Community Veteran

Could be a set of results in preparation for selling the businessWink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Well it's not bad news for everybody, with that level of profit someone will be on a nice Christmas bonus !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

7up wrote:

Something tells me we won't be sticking with this ISP for very long.

I'm already packing my bags Sad

• My many domains are now elsewhere.
  • My webspace and hosting is already elsewhere.
  • All my email mailboxes are hosted elsewhere.
  • My previous Plusnet email contacts are already moved to independent domains.
  • My IPv6 is already tunneled via another ISP.
  • My line rental is elsewhere.
  • My phone call package is elsewhere.

I only need to move my broadband package to exit from Plusnet.  Roll eyes

I have really had enough of the "jam tomorrow" attitude of Plusnet and then never delivering, meanwhile their service progressively gets worse and more expensive.

I have got my next ISP shortlist down to three possibilities, which way I jump will depend on what technology (ADSL2+ / FTTC / FTTP) is installed when my local exchange gets upgraded next year.

I'll probably stay put until that exchange upgrade (to avoid moving or upgrading twice), unless Plusnet do something else to annoy me before then.

I'm already quite Pee'ed off that I'm currently on a WARNING that I will be banned from this forum if I continue making negative comments about Plusnet staff who have repeatedly failed to make any effort to correct this forum software so that I can participate without constantly seeing errors and losing my replies.  Until I saw this topic I had assumed the reason this forum being such a shambles was that Plusnet had run out of money and couldn't invest any development time or employ staff who know that they are doing,  but instead with £43M profit that puts an entirely different light on it, and this broken forum is clearly a result of staff incompetence and management negligence.

Angry

Community Veteran

ITWorks wrote:

£5 a month for the entire 18 month contract

Except that "contract" seems to have different meanings depending on whether you're the customer or plusnet.