Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and TalkTalk joint bottom on Watchdog Survey

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet and TalkTalk joint bottom on Watchdog Survey

So tonight saw a broadband survey amongst the six "big" providers. Plusnet and TalkTalk came joint last. The biggest issue was that it takes up to 10x longer to answer the phone than the #1 provider. Call times have been a contentious subject for the 12 months I have been here looking back at forum posts.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: Plusnet and TalkTalk joint bottom on Watchdog Survey

well I was with virgin before swapping to plusnet a year ago.  I used to have to reboot virgin router about once a week ( fibre to premises ) and had 100mb down 2 mb up.  Now with plusnet 65mb down and 16 up for a third of the cost and have never touched the router since it was installed, also have anytime calls on landline where with virgin only weekend and evenings calls.  Have to say when you called virgin service centre, when you eventually got through they did turn up quickly, but haven't needed a service call while have been with plusnet. The virgin TiVo box was good but didn't really get any more programs than we get via dish and free sat, now have a humax two tuner freesat box connected to internet instead and can get on demand etc.  Also get caller ID with plusnet and can get voicemail if I wanted, but have answerphone so had to disable voicemail as it interfered with answerphone.  Plusnet much better value than virgin, as virgin can get mega expensive.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as I saw Plusnet's name on the list I was expecting them to be 6th but to be joint bottom with TalkTalk, I don't know what's worse!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

@Marksfish   I have not had the problem of waiting on the phone... however...your research through the forum, seems to have missed my campaign,........

. started 10 years ago....

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

If you want to read it all....make a big pile of  sarnies.... get a few beers on the go,... or coffee.. and settle down, when there`s nowt on the telly...

One recurring theme you will notice .....over the course of the thread.....and over the years since.... is

Give us time.... and we`ll get there....  often said by a member of PlusNet staff......

Ah well.... we live in hope...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Problems for customers is almost irrelevant.....what matters is how much profit a company is making !

You could have the best company in the world that guaranteed to sort any problem out within hours....sadly such a company would soon go bust.

What's the most expensive item for any company.........cost of staff ! ......and if you want the best staff you have to pay the going rate, hence the reason that when you contact some companies about a problem it's clear staff are reading the answers off a computer screen.....some companies even skip the staff so you have to deal with the computer direct and we all know how annoying that can be!

Of course many staff do their best but dealing with someone who has been on hold for 20 minutes plus is not a good start and even worse if they say I have contacted you before about this issue, then have to repeat the lot again....

Remember profit is king......the customer is just a ( censored) nusiance.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

One big difference between TT and PN, is that you actually get internet access that works with PN... Grin

Highlighted
Pro

@twocvbloke  I was going to say mine works well, when it was bust they fixed it reasonably quickly. Price isn't too bad, and I get free phone calls. Last couple of times I've phoned the wait wasn't too bad at all.

I'll have the one that works, and wait a minute or two more for the phone to be answered any time.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@twocvbloke wrote:

One big difference between TT and PN, is that you actually get internet access that works with PN... Grin

That's true, my brother is with Talk-Talk and always has problems, plus just 5Mb download and 2 upload......touch wood in the over 12 months I have been with Plusnet have not had any problem at all, and never had to reboot router..

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

I despair at having to talk to any organisation by phone these days, so I was gobsmacked at how fast and easy it was to talk to Amazon about being charged for something I had not ordered.

Ten minutes max and it was all sorted, which goes to show that if a company that size can sort it out quickly and efficiently why not the rest of them and no, I don't have shares in Amazon. Tongue

Highlighted
Pro

Yes, Amazon are good, and their returns system's good as well. Benchmark for others as you say Minivanman.

Try phoning any government department helpline though, which no doubt costs 97.326 Trillion Squillion Quid a second to run, and your brain will explode with the boredom of waiting.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minesapint wrote:

Try phoning any government department helpline though

The DWP being one of them, god they take the piddle with leaving people on hold, and using synthetic (and pretty bad) music on hold to drive people insane waiting, absolutely horrendous to deal with, especially if your anxiety is already through the roof over a screwup on their behalf..... Crazy2

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Try phoning our local surgery, we have the same auto message twice as it has to be given in both English and Welsh.

As for the music it really is to die for, at least that's what it feels like. At least with Greensleeves or Vivalidi you knew you were in a musical version of hell on earth... and that it was going to be a long long wait.

"Just answer the the phone FF* sake!" 

And how about that jolt to the senses when you suddenly realise that a human voice is actually talking to you?

Where did I see that comedy sketch where the guy phoning keeps getting passed from pillar to post only to be answered finally by "Hello, boiler room". Funny

Highlighted
Pro

"Your call is very important to us. . ."

Highlighted
Community Veteran

". . . as at 47p/second you're paying for our CEO's new yacht"

Highlighted
Hooked

I have been with Plusnet since 2005.   Had very few problems in all that time; they were all sorted out fairly quickly.  I have not had any issues recently so it may be that customer service is not as good as it used to be ?  The retention team have always given me a reasonable price whenever I have renewed my contract, so I have no complaints. It would be a great pity if this organisation were allowed to lose it’s good reputation for value and customer service.