cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet advert.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Plusnet advert.

PN advert in January includes the following in T&C’s ....prices increase by cpi rate + 3.9%....

yes this has been mentioned before in other posts......but.....also included in the T&C’s is the following.....

Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract..

Think about that statement....it means they can change anything and you are powerless to do anything about it as that is what you are signing up to, a contract should be fixed and not open to changes unless agreed by both parties, price increases or exceptional circumstances fine but not some cover all statement that gives the provider or a service the benefit of doing what they like.

28 REPLIES 28
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Plusnet advert.

Welcome to BT!!!

It never ceases to amaze me these days just how much businesses can get away with - and justify and nobody does anything about it - including the customers!!!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 54

Agreed, @7up  - which is one of the reasons I'll be off not much later this year.

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

+1

Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm not sure what Plusnet has going for it now. BT is cheaper than Plusnet for the same package for me!
Seasoned Hero

Probably nothing, @ScottStorey . I have a feeling PN will be real 'bargain basement' with help and support to match - i.e, none - so the brand can be quietly killed off when hardly anyone uses it. But I could be wrong.Wink

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

I will miss this forum, when Plusnet finally closes down....  ( maybe by the end of this year  ? ? ?? ? )

Seasoned Hero

Me too, @shutter , both for the fun and the wealth of knowledge we will lose.

John
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

That must be some sort of oxymoron from morons @gleneagles

It's just utter nonsense to be locked into a contact on agreed terms which the provider can then change as they see fit - and usually if not always to their advantage. When is a contract not a contact? When one partner to can change it without the agreement of the other.. or so you'd think.

This sort of double dealing 'let's hope they don't read the contract' double dealing horse 'evacuation' gets right up my nose.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I am pretty sure that isn't legal .. a contract works both ways.

You agree to pay an amount for a fixed term subject to increases with the RPI. If that happens, I am sure you can cancel the contract early if it is above that?

Otherwise what is to stop PlusNet deciding to whack another £80 per month on your contact? Yes I know it is 18 months - might sound a bit better, but a year and a half mean the same thing in my book.

I'd like to think PlusNet wouldn't do that, but the way they're heading anything is possible.

Having done Jury Service and given evidence in court - can't go into it here (but not for the faint hearted trust me).

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 169

Caveat Emptor!

I rather like the Plusnet slogan 'That'll do!' Presumably it reflects the current Plustnet Suits complacent attitude to how their company is performing..

Can you imagine the Suits/employee briefing meeting:

Junior employee to meeting: "Our customer services is at a level that most would consider to be worse than our competitors".

Head suit response: "That'll Do".

Publicity suit thinks to himself: "That's a snappy response, I'll make it our cool slogan".

Seasoned Hero

@Baldrick1 Exactly my thoughts - the 'suits' obviously just being out of kindergarten. 😀.

John
Pro

Other ISPs may well be available but are they better value? I have just signed up again with PN because it works and things for me generally have got fixed quickly when necessary. Everyone is in business to make a profit at a market price and if they don't they go bust.

I would be surprised if BT do not incorporate PN soon but the issue I have with all ISPs is how good is the mail server. PN's works well and  if I were to go with Sky (£25 all in including 24/7 UK phone calls ) you get Yahoo mail!  Sky are also currently advertising the same price for both new AND existing customers. BT do not win medals for customer service and mail is often hacked so that would be a No from me.

Interesting times ahead.

Seasoned Hero

Well, @TeeGee , I shall be leaving for pastures new in the near future. My intended destination is probably slightly more expensive, and AFAIK the headline price doesn't include any calls - irrelevant as I use a cheap mobile calls package for all non-0800 calls - but they do have their own network and email platform. Their service (as experienced by the people who recommended them) is much better than the current offering of PN and I can be sure of a fixed rate for 3+ years (barring tax adjustments).

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A contract where you sign up to where you can be tromped all over sounds more like some shysters arrangement.

Hide your first born away they'll be coming for them next.

Of all those "new" plusnet employee sign ons on this forum, how many do you think will comment on this topic?

I can understand unexpected changes beyond the businesses control but things like this should be factored in.