cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet UK to Stop Taking YouView TV Orders

Hero
Fixes: 9

Plusnet UK to Stop Taking YouView TV Orders

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/01/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-to-stop-taking-youview-tv-ord...  

Seen in ISP REview vi\ Kitz Forum just now.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
27 REPLIES 27
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet UK to Stop Taking YouView TV Orders

Good afternoon  Luzern,

Hope you are keeping well you have been absent for a while 

HD

Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

That link seems to have extra characters on the end ( %C2%A0 ), resulting in a page not found error.

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Cut and paste summary from this link if it works.

A Plusnet Spokesperson told ISPreview.co.uk:

“As a value provider, we’re all about giving customers simple, reliable broadband with great customer service. We are simplifying our product range and from 19th January we will no longer offer YouView TV. Existing customers can continue to watch their YouView TV package and still be able to enjoy great content as part of the BT Sport App.”

So that’s it then, no more Plusnet TV for new customers after next Tuesday. Existing customers of the TV plan may continue to be supported for now, but without a replacement product its days may also be numbered'

@Luzern 

Good to hear from you, hope you are keeping as well as you can. 👍

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Good to hear from you, @Luzern . I'm so pleased I don't have Plusnet TV, only the limited channels available to me from the arial, and a few extra from the Humax tuner, although I don't even watch some of those. IMO, the choice of programmes available is OK for me but that is probably because I'm not one for sitting down staring at the box for hours - I much prefer to read a good book when I am 'confined to barracks', that way I can decide how long I spend immobile.

John
Aspiring Pro

If Plusnet drop the YouView TV service in the future I'd just take my custom elsewhere.

I have fibre broadband, home phone & TV with Plusnet, then again how long until Plusnet just get absorbed fully & we end up BT customers instead.
Seasoned Champion

There is a thread over on TV on this. has been going now for quite a long time now and today there are some new posts which @Gandalf has replied to confirming that there will not be any new customers able to get tv. If I read it right when your contract expires any new broadband contract would not include TV. SadShocked

Aspiring Pro

My contract period ends this June, gives me a while to look for a replacement provider.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@PowerLee 

I think a number of long term customers are of the same mind with some already gone.

Not just PN’s loss but existing customers loss as some gave good advice on a variety of technical issues.

@Luzern 

Good to see you are still posting, Keep safe.

Community Veteran

"A Plusnet Spokesperson told ISPreview.co.uk:

“As a value provider, we’re all about giving customers simple, reliable broadband with great customer service."

Isn't that wrong on two accounts? You can't get the "simple, reliable broadband" without now also having to get their landline as well. And "great customer service"? The jury's out on that one unless there is a "what was once a" missing (on both).

Aspiring Legend

@billnotben 

That requirement (which I was caught up in) has now changed if you have fibre.

To often with Plusnet the left hand did not even know the right hand even existed.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@billnotben wrote:

"A Plusnet Spokesperson told ISPreview.co.uk:

“As a value provider, we’re all about giving customers simple, reliable broadband with great customer service."

Isn't that wrong on two accounts? You can't get the "simple, reliable broadband" without now also having to get their landline as well. And "great customer service"? The jury's out on that one unless there is a "what was once a" missing (on both).

Doubt it would take the jury long to reach a verdict based on the evidence provided on other sections of the forum.

Community Veteran

Just got their "An update on your account" email.

It seems totally pointless but I suppose they have to send it.

You're out of contract blah blah here are our best offers blah blah.

All the best offers are more expensive as they no longer do broadband only. And what's the point of saying our best offer to you is blah blah which is only available to new customers blah blah.

Aspiring Pro

Looking at my future options - I could just get myself a decent You View + box.

I already have Prime video. Netflix & Britbox - I could just add on Now TV entertainment pass to get all the channels we watch.

Currently got City Fibre digging around the area installing there cables for Vodafone so that could be a future option ( I'm a Vodafone mobile customer ) 

I've got 6 months before I have to worry about it.

Community Veteran

I particularly liked the bit in the linked article "We are simplifying our product range". "Simplifying" is a bit, well simple.

I remember when ebay also similarly said "We are simplifying our charges". When they raised their final value fees from 5% to 10%. In that case not only were they treating their sellers/customers like idiots they also thought they were idiots. It's ten per cent just so it's easier for you sorry unwashed lot to work out.

Do all businesses really have people for the sole purpose of working out the best weasel words to use? And does anyone really buy all their guff.