Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Radio Commercial

198kHz
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet Radio Commercial

I came to PN through a friend's recommendation, and I've not been disappointed. Had I heard at the time either of the two ads posted by Bob, I would have been extremely sceptical.
The first one was just puerile tosh IMHO; the second was actually very good - for the first 15 seconds - then, oh dear. Perhaps try another agency Mand for your experiment?
Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
Community Veteran

They are a bit odd… could have perhaps picked a slightly more original piece of music for the second ad too (it is, after all, the same tune that Hovis use). Having said that, a bit of Dvořák 9 is always good even if it is only the overplayed bit.
Must admit I'm starting to get a bit tired of seeing Plusnet adverts everywhere now. They're plastered all over the Tube and buses, I've seen them on the internet, now they're on the radio too… will they ever stop?! I was also a tad a unimpressed with one of the Tube ads, which said something like ‘we've won x awards in the last 10 years’… which basically meant to me ‘we've won lots of awards in the last decade, but not many recently because other ISPs have been getting most of them’. Then again, I am cynical like that… adverts for any company are just one deception followed by another really.
smiffyb36
Grafter

Very cynical Be3G lol Plusnet have just come second overall in the recent awards, pipped only by O2

The six key categories were:
Quality & Reliability
Speed
Value for money
Clarity of pricing and billing
Customer service/technical support
Speed of service activation
Plusnet Broadband (www.Plus.net) was highly commended, coming in second - again for second year running - and Sky Broadband (www.Sky.com) took third place.

The recent Plusnet marketing though I definately agree with, questionable at best.
Community Veteran

Yeah I know, but if you have a look at their awards history the number they've been winning has certainly reduced during the past year or two – e.g. they've gone from winning nine uSwitch awards in 2008 to just two each year since.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Be3G
They are a bit odd… could have perhaps picked a slightly more original piece of music for the second ad too (it is, after all, the same tune that Hovis use).

I thought extracting the urine from the Hovis ad was the point.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
198kHz
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

Maybe, but it's been done so much better already -
Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
Community Veteran

What a load of rollocks.
Plusnet are a major ISP with cutting edge technology and multi award winning services, allegedly.
So they think it's OK to market themselves as some quaint Yorkshire backwater cottage industry business.
Advert fail.
Mr Vollmer, sack the agency and sack the plusnet person who approved the campaign, Err was that you?
*just saying