cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Radio Commercial

Community Veteran

Plusnet Radio Commercial

I heard a radio commercial today for Plusnet.  Has anyone else heard it yet?  It has a 'humorous' message and the only thing with this is that once you've heard it a few times the 'humour' isn't funny any more.  I would be interested to hear from PN what sort of response they're getting.
21 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Plusnet Radio Commercial

I was discussing this in IRC with someone the ofter day as they'd just heard it, didn't sound too amusing..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Steve
Pro

Yes I heard this two days ago but i cant remember what station it was, it was through rythmbox.
Edit It was on absolute classic rock.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Here you go, there's a couple of them. They're being aired nationally across a number of popular radio stations.
You can listen to them here and here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Fixes: 47

Full Monty.... Shocked....No offence Bob but perish the thought Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Pro

Bob without getting into another pointless debate I've a question, I thought PN didn't advertise but that they got customers through customers, Or that's how i read it almost a year ago when i joined up?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Whatever you think of the adverts, Plusnet should not be advertising at the moment.
When for example, users who are getting restricted speeds because a usage tracking fault means they've gone over their allowance have no response to their tickets for a week or more (linky) it is plainly obvious that they do not have sufficient resources to support their existing customer base, let alone take on more users.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

It's the 'Full Monty' I heard and it is embarrassing Embarrassed  To make it worse it was played on LBC which is a serious talk radio station in London and would not appeal IMO to its audience.  I don't know who does your advertising but they need to study their demographics.
James
Grafter

Not the case Jelv. Whilst I don't know the specifics behind the usage not resetting problem (although I believe it be a single person problem), we absolutely do have resource to be able to cope with increased signups that extra marketing would offer.
Give our customer services team a ring and see how quickly they answer, there's barely been any in the queue most of the afternoon.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

So why haven't they had a response for a week?
[quote=http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212]Average closure time: 6 hours, 51 minutes and 56 seconds
Target closure time: 4 hours
That tells a story: you are not hitting the target. When you start hitting the target is the time to start advertising.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Worth bearing in mind that's not a live update (I believe it's from this morning?).
We've had perhaps a new 60 members of staff since I got back, perhaps more.
Steve
Pro

Bob? Bob? Can I just say before this goes completely OFF topic that I don't have problems with my viewing usage Allowance.
Mand
Grafter

Jelv,
The ticket in question wasn't responded to because it was put on hold pending a developer fixing the problem.
Mand
Grafter

@Steve M, historically we've concentrated on referral programmes to gain new customers, but recently we've started experimenting with different forms of advertising as well as these.
Steve
Pro

Thanks for the reply Mand Smiley