cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Profile

Community Veteran

Plusnet Profile

Just a chat nothing serious or even a complaint so better suited to go here.
You can't help noticing that profile changes still don't reliably happen.
What made me smile is that my profile was a tiny bit low and never changed. It stayed that way for over 60 days.
The recent stormy weather (yesterday) made my connection drop. This now made the profile a tiny bit high.
And you guessed it the profile has already dropped. Smiley
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Re: Plusnet Profile

The profile on your line was and is correct.
On the 24th May the BT IP Profile altered to 7811, the same day your Plusnet profile updated to 7800. On the 8th June your BT IP Profile altered to 7898, again this translates on our side to a profile of 7800 (we round down to the nearest 100). This stayed the same until around 5am this morning when the BT IP profile updated to 7671, our profile followed to 7600 within 7 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Never bothered looking at mine since I got my broadband speed sorted... or last house move... !.... don`t even bother looking if I think the net is slow..... just do a re-boot of the router ( after checking which gateway I am on, and then check on reconnection)... usually sorts things for me... !
Community Veteran

Quote from: Chris
The profile on your line was and is correct.

Interesting as that doesn't agree with what I noted from the BT test page at the time.
Maybe that's the root of the problem. What you're seeing and getting is the wrong info. Which the end result is the infamous "stuck profile".
Currently the BT test says "IP Profile for your line is - 7.78 Mbps" not the 7671 you quoted.
Clearly little discrepancies don't matter a lot but Plusnet obviously isn't getting all the up to date info.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I stopped careing about line profiles once my fibre product got a stable sync at around 70 meg, sometimes its as high as 76meg but it makes no difference to what I experience when 90% of the servers I access don't seem able to supply data faster than 3mbps .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

what I experience when 90% of the servers I access don't seem able to supply data faster than 3mbps .....

So.... really, you are paying too much for your service then ?  Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

not really I couldn't stream a movie before and YT clips would take up to 2 mins to buffer before starting playback, now most stuff is at least instant
Community Veteran

I only get 5.6 on a good day.. but have no probs with movies or youtube...
randpwar
Grafter

I’m also on FTTC and it’s rock solid.. The actual speed may very slightly (I rarely bother to check) but on the occasions I’ve checked it’s always been about 72mb. Wifi is great; I can listen to TMS whilst mowing the lawns without interruptions, even with the kids knocking seven bells out of Netflix at the same time
I was for ever checking before FTTC and tried to do everything to get that important extra 1mb out of it!
nanotm
Pro

well my connection wasn't stable over 4meg before and my line had so many errors the best method of fixing the problem was swapping to fibre besides it meant more than 1 person could use the internet at a time
Community Veteran

I must be lucky then... cos I can have at least 3 people on my wifi connection and it still doesn`t make any difference !...  Smiley