cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Perks

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Plusnet Perks

When you get an agent on the line and they sound happy it may be the perks they get http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/digital-firms-fight-for-staff-with-big-perks-1-7891601

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
23 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet Perks

They need to look after the customers First Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@rongtw On the other hand, .... a company needs a reliable "happy" workforce, well motivated by their working conditions, to give out their best performance, so enhancing the customer service level in all departments, ( not just front of house customer service, but techy stuff we don`t usually know about, except through the many maint period emails! )

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I wouldn't have a problem with it if the customer service wasn't apparently a shadow of it's former self.

Minivanman
Hero

All very well, but do they get taxed on it?

Not so sure you can separate benefits in kind from taxable pay.

I was lucky enough to have a company car for years but what was at first a nice 'perk of the job' soon become nothing of the sort once that tax man cottoned on to it. 

Nice while it lasted though. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

rongtw wrote:

They need to look after the customers First Thumbs Up

Well yes and sort of no. If the member of staff dealing with you is happy and contented then you have a much higher chance of getting a better service from them. But if they have it in their heads that they are not being looked after then this negativity may well get passed on while they are dealing with you resulting in poor service. It it a very delicate balancing act.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman I think you are referring to salary sacrifice schemes https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-37661...

The government always kills off any popular benefits for the middle earners!

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between happy & contented and just plain apathetic.

Only the end results show the truth.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@billnotben - Apathy. Who cares about that!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Think we would find , to so called perks are mainly enjoyed but them at top of the escalator Lips are sealed

the actuall people who do the work will only get the minimal perks

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

IMG_20161030_0001_NEW.jpg

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

@rongtw that was my point, employers come up with a scheme that provides benefits for middle and low earners, and the schemes I have seen supply cheap bikes, child care vouchers, cheap travel on public transport and BUPA membership and the HRMC kill it off. Ticked off

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero

It's human nature I guess rongtw to get whatever 'unofficial' perks you can as well from work be it paper clips, stickers or for the really serious 'free' petrol for private use - which was the main Brucie Bonus from a company I used to work for.

Folks always find a little extra whenever they can. Remember that episode from 'Boys from the Blackstuff' I think it was where they nicked (sorry, borrowed) a load of shoes from a ship being unloaded at the docks - only to find they were all for the left foot!  

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

'free' petrol for private use - which was the main Brucie Bonus from a company I used to work for

I used to get that at an old firm I worked for. If none of the bosses cars were available they used to ask me to use my own. They had their own pump and allowed a couple of gallons depending on the local distance. But I soon found out a wrinkle with the pump. Turn on and register a certain amount then swing the lever over and lean on it a bit and the dials stop turning but the petrol keeps flowing.Smiley

Community Veteran

A member pointed out recently, there are a lot of PN staff members posting on these forums lately.

This topic seems mystifyingly bereft of staff postings

But it is Sunday I suppose, and the clocks did go back last night.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.