Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hacked? Again

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Plusnet Hacked? Again

It's a difficult one I think. For example in London you could just dial random 020 7, 020 8, and 020 3 numbers. Same with anywhere else.

How do you proove they hold any personal details about yourself, or you happened to be targeted by a random call?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Pete11  There was a guy in the US who succeeded in getting something like $34 out of a company for his time.  I'm not sure what the law/liability is in this country though.

If any of you have an account with Barclays you might have received a letter recently regarding their restructuring, enlcosing a summary of changes to their terms and conditions.  One thing that concerns me is this:  "... in the event of suspected or actual fraud or security threats to your account, we will use SMS, telephone, post or another secure procedure to contact you.  You'll also be asked to verify your identity for security purposes."

So having spent about a decade urging us not to disclose personal information over the phone, and insisting that they would never ask us to do so, they are now going to do just that.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I've already had that letter and went into the bank to tell them more or less the same thing. I told them to send me a letter (or SMS) to bring any sort of fraud to my attention, but will NOT give any details over the phone or email..instead I'll call into the bank with the letter and confirm it that way. They were quite happy with that.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Pete11  Yes, hopefully the chances of such contact having to be made are fairly remote.  There is no way I'm signing up to the open banking mentioned either.