Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Account Review phone call?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Plusnet Account Review phone call?

Anyone else had one of these?
We just did. The missus was in bed, the woman on the phone wouldn't speak to me or confirm if it was a sales call - just an "account review call".
I took the phone upstairs to the missus who grumbled "I can't be bothered"  Grin I relayed this to the woman who politely accepted this and hung up.
Now I find myself asking.. what would plusnet want to review about the account? - They know we use it, they know we don't use a lot of bandwidth, they're not going to be wanting to reduce our broadband costs / their income (though in fairness they have actively helped to do just that in the past) and they're not looking for new card details as its paid by direct debit.
So.. whos taking a guess at what they might be wanting to review?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Account Review phone call?

Quote from: 7up
Anyone else had one of these?

Maybe, maybe not ...
ISTR reading somewhere that PN withhold their number when calling customers, so if that is the case I wouldn't know if it was them calling or not.
No 'WITHHELD' call attempts today so far, but I did have a couple yesterday which went unanswered.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As with invitations to visit financial institutions for a review it will be with the aim of selling you something.
I had a call a year or two back from someone who said that they were from Plusnet. They started by asking for some security information. I refused to give it and declined an offer to have them create a ticket to prove that they were genuine. On later checking the call was not from one of the usual Plusnet numbers but had been genuine. It seems that my contracted period was coming to an end and the aim was to offer another fixed term deal to ensure that I wouldn't desert.
1) If Plusnet wanted to make an offer they could have emailed it.
2) With all the warnings about scammers we should not be expected to provide security information to cold callers.
3) I do not get sold things by phone call. I like to study a written offer in detail to see what was unsaid. Several years ago I nearly got stung by BT who offered to knock some money off of my monthly bill. They failed to mention that it involved a fixed term contract and it turned out that I was already on a better offer than the one they proposed to move me to.  This event was one of the reasons I left BT.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I posted about this a few weeks ago, the thread was about a very rude BT CS agent. The whole thing started from a PN cold call account review.
And yes, I changed my phone account to PN.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.