cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet now doing 12 year contracts!

Fixes: 123

PlusNet now doing 12 year contracts!

This is a reply i got today from CSC.
EU called regarding problems connecting to the internet.
Advised that he is getting sync but no internet light.
He is going to try with a different router to see if the router is faulty with the test logins and contact us back accordingly.
EU has already said he is happy to pay the £4.99 pnp for a replacement router and another 12 year contract.
Kind regards,

That seems an awful long time  Shocked  Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: PlusNet now doing 12 year contracts!

Months Smiley
thisoldman
Grafter

days would be better Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

What happened to the deffered charges?
PlusNet seems to have gone from no contracts, to 18 month contracts, back to no contracts and now to 12 month ones.
Though before I moan again, at least the contracts are optional this time Smiley
I've changed our product and got a 12 month one which my parents were happy with.
Apart from waiting weeks and having to send a ticket for the router to be dispatched, the change has been fine.
smiffyb36
Grafter

Dunno what you mean Alex?
The 4.99 is delivery, the charge is deffered as long as they take the 12 month contract  Cheesy that's what it says.
They do a no contract option still, but you pay for the router.
Community Veteran

When I changed my parents account a month ago, I had the option of just changing it or getting a 'free' router in return for a 12 month contract.
No mention of deferred charges.
So cancelling early wouldn't mean paying the cost of the router, it would mean paying x number of months till August 2011.
Community Veteran

As of about a year ago, both of you were right: the router was offered on a deferred basis, but it was advertised as a twelve-month contract for the sake of simplicity. I've not read anything to suggest that has changed, but I concede it is entirely possible that Plusnet have gone back to making it a ‘proper’ contract again.
Community Veteran

Ah OK. I read a contract as being a contract Smiley
I appreciate the deferred charges policy is not straightforward to advertise in layman’s terms, but if it still applies then it seems strange to advertise it in a manner which is less favourable to the customer than it actually is.
Community Veteran

That's what I always thought… although having said that, it depends on timing and product really. For example, if you wanted to leave with just one month of Value remaining on the ‘contract’, then the new policy wouldn't be so useful after all.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one of my referrals actually pays a 12 month fee, not monthly, he did get a discount in the first year, not sure now though, I only get my referee fee every month though
Total redemption of referral token (6354672) earned from new_signup   -£0.21   -£0.04   -£0.25
1 Total redemption of referral token (6379374) earned from workplace - manual association -£0.21 -£0.04 -£0.25
one monthly one yearly