cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hold Playlist

DCPendleton

PlusNet Hold Playlist

I was on hold to PlusNet for so long last night due to the national issues reported on the line that I managed to hear the entire playlist. There were a few tracks that I liked but I didn't know, so I asked the rep I got through to and he was extremely nice about it, but couldn't find an up-to-date comprehensive list.
After a huge amount of digging, lyric searching and the like, I have now retrieved every single track, so I thought I'd post it here for those of you who may be interested, starting with the Human League, simply so I can synchronise all the half-parts that seem to be present for whatever reason.
Hold music playlist as of 28th July 2014
1. The Human League - Dont You Want Me (Pt1)
2. Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
3. Embrace - Come Back to What You Know
4. The Beautiful South - A Little Time
5. Pulp - Disco 2000
6. ABC - Poison Arrow
7. Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong
8. Embrace - All You Good Good People
9. Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love (Pt1)
10. Tony Christie - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
11. Heaven 17 - Temptation
12. Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love (Pt2)
13. Moloko - Sing It Back
14. The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
15. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
16. Shed Seven - Going For Gold
17. The Human League - Dont You Want Me (Pt2)
18. Big Wide World - Born To Lose
I'm not sure why the half-parts are there, but if we assume that tracks were added at a later date at incorrect positions, then I assume that the uninterrupted playlist would be as follows:
1. The Human League - Dont You Want Me
2. Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
3. Embrace - Come Back to What You Know
4. The Beautiful South - A Little Time
5. Pulp - Disco 2000
6. ABC - Poison Arrow
7. Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong
8. Embrace - All You Good Good People
9. Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love
10. Tony Christie - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
11. Heaven 17 - Temptation
12. Moloko - Sing It Back
13. The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
14. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
15. Shed Seven - Going For Gold
16. Big Wide World - Born To Lose
Hope that helps, and hope at least someone finds it interesting and useful to have the list right up here.
Cheers.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: PlusNet Hold Playlist

That will be very helpful.... IF...
They start the play list on receiving the first call.... then you can check your position in the queue by referring to the position of the song that is currently playing when you get put on hold....so ... if you are listening to "up where you belong".... you are number 7  in the queue...  ? and if... as the o.p. did you get to hear them all, you know there are more than 18 in the queue  Grin
DCPendleton

Wow, that would certainly be interesting, although it probably wouldn't work since one call may be longer or shorter than one song. Not only that, but the playlist works on a global rather than caller basis, that is to say anyone calling hears the same song at the same time, and the playlist doesn't start per caller, I can't 100% say that is the correct start/end songs, all I know is the order in which they go. It still puzzles me about the half-songs though.
Community Veteran

The "half songs" are put on there, especially for the likes of me..... who get cheesed off listening to someone else`s "perfect" playlist and puts the phone down straight away...  Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Some people have way too much time on their hands... or should that be on hold to plusnet?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

I blame the opening hours for the Leeds call centre as they are not 24 / 7 EEK........
Fixes: 125

Now if they published the play list somewhere and you could press a button to select the song you want to listen to...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Press 1 for a short wait and song number one................................................
press 2 for a bit longer wait and song number two.........................................

press 18 for a very long wait.... go and make a cup of tea... and come back when you have finished.... you will still be in the same queue   Grin Grin
TORPC
Grafter

Or take the dog for a walk Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

On a more serious note all organisations both public and private should be obliged to have systems in place that either tell you where you are in the queue or how long it will be before your call is dealt with.
Nothing winds me up more than, "your call is important to us......" Bla, Bla, yet you are still hanging on ages later.
If there is a shortage of call operators then a system should be in place where you leave your number and they ring you.
One of the silliest messages can be if you go to www.xxxxxx we will deal with your query but not everyone has access to the internet or equally that may be the very reason you are calling because the internet has gone down.