cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Rules!!!!!!!

mikewilliamsit

Plus Net Rules!!!!!!!

Just like to express my feelings for the fine service that i have received from Plus net.
I have had to contact them once, to configure my router.
And guess what, the first person I spoke to was able to talk me through setting it up, and provided me with some good advice regarding the service.
I know that this is what they are meant to do, but the easy of use is exceptional.... No waiting in long automated queues, no getting passed from pillar to post, no getting fob off with lame excuse as to whys and ifs...
I am a technical support manager and manage a call centre, so I know what level of support I should receive as a customer, and I have to say plus net in top notch!
In addition to this, the Help and support, the forums, and Manage my account is great feature...
It is soooo refreshing that a company has got their level of service sooo right!
I was previously with BT for 6 months, then Virgin media 1 month, and the level of service is sooo poor.
I could bore you with the countless times i contact the above isp, but that was the pass and i would like to forget those dreaded days!
I will be recommending plus net to my friends....
Just like to say well done plus net! Keep it up!  Smiley 
17 REPLIES
Neil_A
Grafter

Re: Plus Net Rules!!!!!!!

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the kind words - that's exactly the reaction we're striving for every day  Smiley
You might be interested in this:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/08/15/save-money-by-recommending-plusnet/
Thanks
Neil
tgr
Grafter

I have to agree plusnet is no 1 for service and therefore prob has little churn.  I use plusnet and recommended my sister.  She has tiger on a mac and i had to set up router.  We phoned plusnet and it was done very quickly.  I was scared to death when BT took over plusnet.  My first thought was here goes another excellent ISP down the pan as BT itself is generally at the bottom of the list for ISPs and has very little regard for customer service.  Fortunately they seem to have kept things the same and not pressurised the staff to change things to BT mode (ie forget customer service just think about the money we can make).  I just hope it lasts and BT keeps out the way or in the background.
Community Veteran

I've been with Plusnet for about a year now and really can't fault their service particularly after my previous ISP (Breathe.com) that was always having problems Sad
I also like these forums.  There are a lot of technically savvy people who are prepared to give great advice to people like me who haven't got a great technical knowledge of PCs.  It's a fantastic learning experince.
Thanks to everyone at Plusnet and other forum members  Grin
Fixes: 47

Unfortunately I can't say the same as the others about Plusnet's customer service.....
Simply because the quality level of their products are so high I have no need to speak with CSC and therefore have little or no experience with which to make a judgement Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

They'll be sending you a hamper Strat Grin Grin

A Plusnet mug with the new logo would suffice Wink
I can collect it on my way past from work if that helps Undecided Smiley
pcoventry
Grafter

Hehe Nice try Dick Smiley
Seeing comments such as this really make me happy. We all work very hard and this personally makes my day.
So thank you.

Hi Pete, haven't seen you around the forums for a while, you must be working hard.
Glad we could make your day Smiley
pcoventry
Grafter

I haven't been on for a while. Been here 9 months tommorow and I've been knuckling down and to be honest I only thought about the forums the other day and had a look around.
Nice to see you and the other people I know around here. It's also of course just as nice to see everyone on here Smiley
I find myself playing with the new site more because,
A) It's just awesome
B) I've been getting used to the way it looks and feels as well as the very good packages we do now and..
C) I love the colour it's wicked (And purple is MY favorite colour)
jmd
Grafter

And Pete, it is a Bank Holiday!  I thought you would be doing something more fun than joining in the Forums on your day off - or as part of the great service we get from Plusnet do you have to work on Bank Holidays? Wink
chino
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
or as part of the great service we get from Plusnet do you have to work on Bank Holidays? Wink

Part of the great service  Wink
I don't mind working bank holidays when the weather is not so good
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I can't wait to get on PN - still waiting for the sign process - including direct debit  Cry
I'm also going to move my home B/B setup to BB.
By contrast - getting my MAC number has been a right pain - I've been with Pipex - and now it's part of Tiscalli - and their customer service has plumited since being part of T.
Just been onto their call centre in the Philippines ( and although the guys there are  naturally helpful and respectful )
They insist you do everything by phoning their expensive 0871 numbers - and seem to take their time to do anything to maximise their earnings from the call. But I got great satisfaction of bypassing it by finding their 01XXX numbers and even an 0800 number to get MAC code  Grin Grin.
The fact that PN have their 0114 296 5198 Sheffield numbers and an 0845 number and UK support service is a MAJOR reason for me deciding to move, so I hope Plus net , never ever ever move to premium rate numbers or use overseas call centres like BT.

N/A

I joined Force9 as a dial-up light user in June 2004 and went over to broadband almost two years ago. I have had no major problems at all - my connection is very stable with good speeds. Sometimes when I read of other people's problems I feel very lucky indeed.
I appreciate the good service and in particular the ability to call CS in Sheffield via a geographical telephone number (when the need arises, albeit on very rare occasions).
I also feel that there is a sense of control as I understand the setup at PN to some extent and also find that the company is not too large
With huge companies, particularly those who outsource their CS departments, you can easily go round in circles being passed from one department to the other when difficulties arise.  Oh and the other thing is that it's nice to have PN just 'down the road' so to speak!
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The marketing guys have a tricky job.
I have been aware of Force9 and plusnet for some time, I seem to remember they always featured fairly high in my list of ISP's to join - they appeared in the top 10 of many magazine list of ISP's - yet for some reason they never ended up as number 1 - so I didn't join - i can't really say why - sorry Neil.
I found the interview with Nick Silverwood  very interesting - how do you raise the profile - within a reasonable marketing budget - no TV adverts he said. If I knew - I would tell you, for a consultancy fee of course  Smiley .
As always - support forums ( and of course support staff ) only see the problems even if the majority of customers have no problems, so keeping a sense of perspective is a challenge.
I hope I'm one of the lucky ones too.
And yet again - you don't want to grow too large or too fast as then maintaining the service becomes very difficult.