cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play.com and Playtraders

Jekyll
Grafter

Play.com and Playtraders

Boy have I been having a nightmare with a playtrader from Play.com.........anyone heard of FastDVD?
Well I ordered the Complete Boxed Set of Steptoe and Son and it was ordered a week ago now.....and they claim "next day" delivery, well that turned out to be a joke........a week on and no package, I emailed them and got the usual "we are very sorry but our systems were down and your order could not be sent out that day, but I personally will see that it gets sent out today" so ok I thought, and throughout that day I checked my outstanding orders page and it still said processing....this went on all day and in the end no package sent......so I sent another email and no reply.........another email and after a day later comes a reply and some-one apologizing like mad and then admitting (I found this unusual) that it was down to staff incompetency........in my book I would'nt have said that this is something that you would admit to a customer........still I maybe wrong and it might well be genuine......but as for my package it looks lost and so is my Mums money for now.......this person did say also that my package was sent out and its possible that an attempted delivery was made, but I know that that had not happened as I rarely go out and am always in when the Postman comes.....they asked me to go to the sorting office and ask about the parcel, I did this in the pouring rain and strong winds of yesterday and got nowhere, as the woman there told me that nothing was there and that they were ahead of schedule.

The woman also told me that I should have been given a code due to their next day delivery service......and I did not receive that either!! so I emailed FastDVD back and told them this and now I can't do anymore until after Easter........unless it turns up tomorrow but as I am a negative person I extremely doubt that, but hope in vain that I am proved wrong.
Anyway I thought I would share my misery with you  Roll eyes Cry as it was intended as a gift
Thing is that this FastDVD has had loads of praise from other customers and only a handful of negative ones, trust me to have problems with them!!  Grin
Jekyll  Smiley
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Play.com and Playtraders

Hey Jekyll,  Cheer up, matey.... I am similar to you..... My wife regularly wins on the "lucky dip" on the thunderball..... but I never win anything......... Stopped doing it, then asked her to get my ticket one day.... numbers came up..... won a tenner.....  she had chucked the ticket away....
(hum this whilst typing )  When You`re smiling, when you`re smiling...... the whole world smiles with you.....
Jekyll
Grafter

Hi shutter,
Well I'll try and thanks  Smiley you have a lucky wife there, and as you say your similar to me then for goodness sake hang on to her!!! I mean that in a nice way  Smiley wish I had one, but its not meant to be, a win on the lottery would be nice to but I don't do it as I have little money of my own to deal with and need to save every last penny of it if possible  Grin

Jekyll
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Funny thing, the lottery,  for instance..... I am not exactly flush with money either..... started doing the lottery soon after it started..... daren`t NOT do it now, in case my numbers come up..... so that`s £2 a week..... = to £104 per year ..... Now I would not give my best friend £100 per year on the "off chance" he might make me rich..... so why am I giving it away to this company? ? ? ?  and to cap it all..... scared not to ..?
Jekyll
Grafter

Well you see thats the hook of the lottery right there! if you don't the very day you stop your numbers would appear!! so I am afraid to say it mate, but your hooked, or rather on a hook!!  Sad  Grin
My Mum did it for awhile and shortly after we moved, one evening we were watching it and hey presto 4 numbers up! the prize = (£89 due to so many other people having had the same numbers!! blast  Roll eyes Grin still she was still very happy and I don't blame her I consider that to be a small fortune for us  Smiley
Jekyll  Wink
nadger
Rising Star

I see that someone in West Country only has a few days left to claim EuroMillions win of £7m
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7307414.stm
Glad it can't happen to me as I do National Lottery by DD - I've won 8 x £10 since I started using DD last June. They send you an email if you win and pay money into bank - still out of pocket but, of course, I don't do it to win big  Tongue
Jekyll
Grafter

I know this is going slightly off topic but I hope it won't matter, but anyone watch or has watched Golden Balls? with ol Jasper Carrot......I have watched a few and feel so sorry for the honest folk on there who come the end mostly chose split and their opponent choses to steal from them, and one guy at the end stole £1.75.........how desperate or sad is that!!!
I always like it when two people get to the last stage and split, but of course its a game and you can do as you please, but I could and would not steal as I could'nt sleep at nights and would be racked with guilt........just goes to show that you cannot trust people that easily
Jekyll  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

You cant go off topic in Chit Chat, it's just a ramble in the trees
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Has Yorkshire got it right for once?  its a load of small balls
jmd
Grafter

SmileyNice to know England can win at something....................