cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plane Down in Hudson River

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Plane Down in Hudson River

No idea, just started looking at aircraft because am planning a trip to the States as I told you and had about the A380 and 787 which Boeing cant seem to get out.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I regularly fly to the US with USAir and they use the Airbus 330 on their transatlantic routes.  Internally they use a variety of smaller Airbus or Boeings.
Highlighted
Grafter

Was quite surprised to learn that US airlines use anything other than Boeings simply because of them being American
Highlighted
Community Veteran

They've used Airbus for a long time.  All their flights to the London use them and as far as I know all their European ones as well.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Well all European airlines don't use Airbus -  and BA has been predominantly Boeing for years, albeit with Rolls Royce engines in many cases.
And the new USA Presidential helicopters - Marine 1 etc - will be Westland Helicopter soon the US101  Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I was referring to USAir's European flights.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

If anyone is still interested, here are some good pictures of the aircraft recovery
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23f_1233007123
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Very good work by the ferry skippers and crews - I didn't really they pushed the aircraft nearer the shore .
And good to hear the aircraft commander talking on radio the other day.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I thought this thread may have finished but glad to see it hasn't.  At the weekend I was sent a set of pictures that show the whole story of flight 1549.  Hope you don't mind me sharing them.  Sorry they appear to have posted back to front but you'll see them all.  It's a big file with 41 pics but worth a look I think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34699096@N07/?saved=1
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Nice set of pics, thank you
Highlighted
Grafter

I particularly liked the commentary so we knew what each image showed - it will help the collection stand the test of time and remain meaningful - Jolly good show old chap!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thanks for the comments guys.  Credit where credit is due.  These pics were originally a Powerpoint presentation put together by John Moudy.
Some of you may remember at the weekend I was trying to post the PPS but couldn't so I extracted the pics individually. I posted these using flickr and if you click on slideshow this will then behave like Powerpoint.
I'm new to using flickr so wonder if someone can help me with a query.  I posted a previous set of pics named 'Sunset beach'.  Is this set also visible?  I meant to hide it but don't think I've done so.
Highlighted
Grafter

yes it is visible, know the feeling, had it happen to me, posted one picture and they looked at all my open ones
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thanks Pierre.  I'm not concerned about these pics but will have to learn how to hide future ones.  Now everyone knows where i go on holiday, drat Wink Wink
Highlighted
Grafter

select the set, batch edit, change permission - for a set
for individual one organize which gets a line acros the bottom next to search at the bottom, click more options brings up another linka at LH side to set privicy.
Dont forget to save when done