Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pillow Talk

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Pillow Talk

Am wanting to replace our pillows , looking for comfort and also supportive.
Whilst having a search online, i read people recommending latex pillows , and a brand called  Dunlopillo ( never head of them before)
Looking at getting a few of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunlopillo-Super-Comfort-Latex-Pillow/dp/B0050JNWWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...
Does anyone have any of these types of pillows?
Kind regards
Mike 
Mike
17 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Pillow Talk

It's a very long time since I've bought a pillow and didn't realise a decent one was so expensive Shocked
I am also in the market for replacements so am following this thread with interest.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

You can't put a price on a good night's sleep!
Community Veteran

Don't buy one of those if you don't like the feeling of sleeping with your head on a hot sweaty marshmallow in the height of summer, cos that's what they're like, those and memory foam beds, horrid things they are... Shocked
If you want a decent pillow, buy a proper down-feather pillow, they'll last forever if looked after properly... Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

OR...... just put your old pillow.... in the washing machine.... then tumble dry it....
perks them up loverly... and .... really... you do need to wash them from time to time.... think of all the sweaty head time, and unconcious dribbling from the mouth, whilst asleep...
Suggest you do one at a time... as they DO "fluff" up quite big, when they are through the wash cycle and then the tumbler....
Fixes: 105

Quote from: shutter
you do need to wash them from time to time.... think of all the sweaty head time, and unconcious dribbling from the mouth, whilst asleep...

isn't that what pillow protectors are for? they're also much easier to wash Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: twocvbloke
Don't buy one of those if you don't like the feeling of sleeping with your head on a hot sweaty marshmallow in the height of summer, cos that's what they're like, those and memory foam beds, horrid things they are... Shocked

Hi twocvbloke , i assume that's from experience with a latex pillow ?  Smiley
The description on the items suggests it stays cool  Undecided
"Latex is not to be confused with Memory Foam. Memory Foam is slow to react and requires heat to mould to a shape, this results in a slow moving pillow, which can also get uncomfortably warm. Latex is natural and does not require any heat to soften. As well as this, Latex is naturally very good at staying cool and fresh. Dunlopillo have finished the Super Comfort Pillow with a smart material cover, which aids moisture and heat management. This cover is removable and machine washable, increasing the durability and comfort of the pillow yet further. Combining these elements also means you will always have a cool, fresh pillow ensuring excellent support and comfort"
Regards
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: dvorak
you do need to wash them from time to time.... think of all the sweaty head time, and unconcious dribbling from the mouth, whilst asleep...

isn't that what pillow protectors are for? they're also much easier to wash Smiley

NO !.... pillow protectors and pillow cases are only an "outer covering".... your sweaty  germs and saliva will still "leak" through them.... and into the outer covering of the contents of the pillow, where they will fester for months    and months    and months    and months      and months,,........  Shocked

and it is just as easy to was one pillow case/protector as it is to was one pillow at a time in a washing machine..... the action of the water and soap scudding through the pillow actually re-juvenates the filling and brings it back to its original state... 
Try it... and you will see...  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: I
Am wanting to replace our pillows , looking for comfort and also supportive.
Whilst having a search online, i read people recommending latex pillows , and a brand called  Dunlopillo ( never head of them before)
Looking at getting a few of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunlopillo-Super-Comfort-Latex-Pillow/dp/B0050JNWWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...
Does anyone have any of these types of pillows?
Kind regards
Mike 
Can't help you with your query but thanks for posting that link, We have had a dunlopillo latex mattress which is 10 years and it's excellent.
The fact that the company has now changed is a real pain as comments from customers seem to suggest the latex is much harder.
Might be worth researching, 'rejuvenite restora' as suggested by one customer.
Fixes: 125

and unconcious dribbling from the mouth, whilst asleep...

Now that really doesn't conjure up a pretty picture  Grin
SWMBO washes the cases regularly and the actual pillows less frequently but we replace them every couple of years.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

One of these: http://www.peterpetrou.com/a-tongan-neck-rest/ ?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: I
The description on the items suggests it stays cool  Undecided

Never trust descriptions for anything, those pillows are vile, if you like a nice cool pillow at night, these aren't the way to go...
Fixes: 125

Quote from: twocvbloke
if you like a nice cool pillow at night,

I just love it when you turn the pillow over and you get the cool side again for a while. Trouble is you could end up staying awake all night just to get the cool side Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not a problem for me I'm awake half the night anyway.
Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
I just love it when you turn the pillow over and you get the cool side again for a while. Trouble is you could end up staying awake all night just to get the cool side Wink

I use an orthopedic pillow that I got from my osteopath. The pillow is shaped to take pressure off the neck so they are not reversible.
The reviews of the latex pillow look good. If you buy one please let us know what you think of it.