St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Pick that poo up will ya !!!

16 REPLIES
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Re: Pick that poo up will ya !!!

This happened to a dog of mine probably 15 odd years ago. The dog was sick and I was giving it a walk and as I was crossing the road the dog couldn't hold it any longer and there was running poo in the road (in the road now, not on the pavement.)
Some fella cutting his grass started shouting at me demanding I come and lift the dog mess and I had to do a double take before I just started laughing at him and told him to fetch me a ladle and saucepan if he wanted me to lift it.
Any other time I lift it. But when it's like gravy I'm not sure how they expect you to lift it.
Community Veteran

That reminded me of a couple of Asian students. One knocked on my door, very apologetic, explaining his mate has just puked over the pavement in front of my house with some puke running into my garden. He said as soon as he helped his mate home he would clean it up.

I said don't bother as a quick whoosh with a bowl of water and it was all gone. It was very runny not too many carrots.Smiley

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thread should come with a heads up health warning, do not read when preparing to make dinner!!

St3
All Star

looooool Laugh

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Had it not been a Labrador, that would have been a shaggy dog story!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

One of our dogs recently had a runny tummy and made a mess on a private road not far from the house. I took her home and returned with a bucket of water to sluice it away. So there are ways to deal with it, but they may not always be possible.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

In this particular instance perhaps the owner of the dog with a runny bum could, if not a bucket of water, have asked for a handful of soil - or even scooped some up from somewhere.

We cannot condone the pensioners tirade if true, but we can understand what a blight dogs can be especially in our parks and where notices clearly state 'Dogs must be kept on a leash' Having dogs run free and more so if you a have a couple of them makes it difficult if not impossible at times to clean up after them when they are some distance away - and don't tell me for one moment that those with several dogs in hand and then left to run free on the beach or in parks are picking up after them. They're not. 

As for nudging those bums into the gutter when they 'do their business' - and believe this or not - but back in the early 70s our six month old ex dogs home Heinz 57 we called Lucy was doing her bit there when a van came close to the kerb and hit the poor girl - and she was still on her lead. The van did not stop, and she died in my arms as I carried her home.  

Now retired we are happily dog, dog hair, dog walk, dog smell and dog poo free. The chickens have now gone as well along with those regular seed stealing rats. As for next doors moggy pooping in our veg patch, I would definitely shoot it if I could.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro

Minivanman wrote:

Had it not been a Labrador, that would have been a shaggy dog story!

Well it could likely have been a daggy dog tail tale afterwards. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
salmo
Rising Star

Whilst not agreeing with the swearing I can sympathise with the pensioner. Where I live all the dog owners say they pick up their dog mess but judging by the amount around a lot of people must come from surrounding districts to exercise their pets. i would not like to see runny dog excrement on the footpath outside my house and would fail to see why I should have to deal with it if the person did not return. One neighbour who has a dog was happy to see his pet squat on my lawn until I had words with him. Dog excrement can cause serious illness in humans such as toxocariasis. Evidently I'm not an animal lover because I don't respond when his pride and joy jumps up wanting to be stroked. He is perfectly entitled to have a dog but I don't want to. I do not give to any pet charities which has lead to a few "discussions". I will give to human charities and wildlife charities.

Minivanman
Hero

..... and visitors who turn up at the house with a dog in tow and say things like "do you mind if we bring him in, don't really want to leave him in the car" - and the Mrs say's "no that's fine, bring the little chap in with you" whilst I grumble under my breath at the thought of dog hairs on clothes and furniture - or something even worse.

One couple we knew brought their lump of an Alsatian in with them whereupon it promptly pooped on our then new carpet. Take the mutts somewhere new and they seem determined to leave evidence of their calling. And don't get me started on those people that insist on kissing them.

Grrrr. 

Luzern
Pro

A little OT.

I was sitting in the Salisbury Meadows, when a dog came up to me, and put his head on my trousers , nuzzling in to you know where! What makes them do that?

I was glad he didn't look hungry, but if he were, it would have been short rations.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Luzern wrote:

What makes them do that?

Cos they're weird like that, or to get your scent from the strongest point of origin... Crazy

Luzern
Pro

@twocvbloke Are you telling me I have a smelly whatsit? How dare you! Mods! ban this person.CrazyGrin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Unless you've been de-balled, yep, at least to a dog that is... Laugh