cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Query

Community Veteran

Photo Query

Wonder if there's anyone who can identify the 20th pic on this site.  It's the roundabout shot.  I think it might be the West London roundabout at Shepherds Bush.  Any offers please?
15 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Photo Query

Do we have to guess the site too?  Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

ask Dillan, he likes magic roundabouts
Community Veteran

Thanks adiewoo, sorry for the omission.  Here it is:
http://tinyurl.com/bkttud
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont think it is Shepherds Bush, looking carefully at the Photo, it is a raised roundabout, circular with roads underneath, and elevated roads approaching it.
Looking at Sat Maps, the Shepherds Bush roundabout has roads above it, and it has not got a round centre, apart from that havnt a clue
Fixes: 104

It looks like a round-a-bout I used to play football near, just can't remember where...
Will Moderate For Thanks
alanb
Grafter

It does look like Shepherd's Bush on first glance but I'm sure it isn't (unless they've dug out the middle in the last month or two). At Shepherd's Bush, the underpasses do not go through the middle of the roundabout, and there is Thames Water services building in the middle for the London ring-main tunnel. I don't recall seeing a roundabout with chevron signs all around it anywhere in west London.
Community Veteran

I'll drop an email to the photographer over the weekend and ask if he will let us know.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Shepherds bush pic below
alanb
Grafter

Nooo, Shepherd's Bush roundabout is about three-quarters of a mile due south of that one at Shepherd's Bush Green.
It's the junction of Uxbridge Road on the west, Holland Park Road on the east,  a motorway spur on the north, (which goes up to the Westway roundabout shown in the piccy,) and I think Holland Park Avenue on the south side.
alanb
Grafter

Whoops, just checked the A to Z. Eastern side is Holland Park Ave, Southern side is Holland Road.
North side is called the West Cross Route.
Community Veteran

Thanks alanb.  looks like you've cracked it. Smiley  Pierre's pic was nothing like the original Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well unless they have rebuilt it
alanb
Grafter

Yep, that's the correct pictures for Shepherd's Bush pierre_pierre. The white roofed building is the Thames Water facility, and you can clearly see the parking spaces for Thames Water vehicles. What you cannot see is the round ventilation tower for the Thames Water tunnel that's below.
alanb
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Thanks alanb.  looks like you've cracked it. Smiley  Pierre's pic was nothing like the original Wink

Errrr, have I?  Just to be sure, I'm saying that the picture in the Telegraph is definitely not Shepherd's Bush roundabout.