cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone on the move

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Phone on the move

So its officially announced the the number of drivers using their mobile phones while driving has actually gone up since legislation was introduced. Are you surprised about this? The reason is very simple really: the chances of getting caught are so small as to be worth the risk for most people.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Phone on the move

It's so stupid. Before legislation I only attempted once and found that concentration was lost particularly when dialing and ending the call. It seems most people instinctively look at the phone at those times, even when not neccessary.
I notice where I live so many (mostly females, it seems) go about taking and picking up there brats (sorry, children  Wink) from school with a mobile seemingly permantly attached to their ear with one shoulder hunched to keep it in place.
These are just accidents waiting to happen.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I was 'lucky' enough to personally see one person caught in the act as he was too busy talking on the phone while tailgating me to notice the police car draw alongside him.
I saw the police car in my door mirror, looked in my rear view mirror to see the guy say "oh [Censored]" before being pulled over.
What a good day that was Grin
Use of a mobile while driving does seem to be getting more common.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they were out in force near me this morning, and doing a good trade.  First thing I saw was a Plod  standing on the edge of a roundabout with a full face cover, thought it was the FireArms lot, got round the corner, four high vis cars and Blue lights every where and a few (8 or 9) cars pulled up, then saw  Vospa inspecting a van, and a shepish lady in a car with L plates having details taken.  I supose they were waiting for the tow away, only a short stretch between two roundabouts nearside lanes on both cariageways full, down the road in the next lay-by, Volvo chase car.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Stops on the B1018, note the A120 to the wast, the next not slip road junction can be as far away as Exeter on dual carriageway