cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number and political parties.

peter10
Grafter

Phone number and political parties.

I am ex-directory. I have just had a questionnaire from my local MP. In it he asks me to check my contact details and quotes my phone number. I do not support the party to which he belongs and have never given them my phone number. Are MPs or parties allowed access  to ex-directory numbers or will they have bought them from other sources. I admit that they have never rung me as I'm on TPS register but I am concerned that my number is on their data base. I have asked them to remove it.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Phone number and political parties.

Funny things happen in political circles.
Your vote is supposed to be annonymous however my friend said last time he voted there was a barcode on his ballot paper and a few months later he got a thankyou letter from the party he voted for asking for his continued support  Roll eyes
Only thing you can learn from this is that politicians are all screwing the system to look after their own jobs.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Phone number and political parties.

@7up,
Absolutely correct, that is what almost all politicians are interested in and that's their own jobs.
Wiser to toe the party line even though you don't support it rather than stand up for what you believe in.
Never been a shortage of people wanting to be a MP despite how many of them claim to being badly done too once the get the job.