Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone message.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Phone message.

How hard is it for any company to have a phone system that tells the customer they are x number in the queue? Rather than the usual message of our lines or busy but your call is important to us.....even worse is the music some companies have on their machines.

If you have no idea how long you will be on the phone waiting to get through it’s costing you time and money ....

Has anyone on the forum knowledge or experience of companies call systems ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Phone message.

Those types of phone systems are quite expensive (think Cisco makes them), and spending money is not good for profit-making, so a bit of MoH interspersed with "Your call is important to us ..... " messages is preferable to them...

Sad thing is when it comes to such things, in big call centres they usually have screens showing boards of calls waiting, on hold and completed & whatnot, so why they get to see that yet the customer on the end of the line gets Greensleeves, I don't know...

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

A publicly accessible webcam pointed at the 'calls waiting' board would be good; then we could call when there was a realistic chance of not spending too long on the phone, and it would improve their 'answered within x minutes (target time)' score.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@gleneagles wrote:

How hard is it for any company to have a phone system that tells the customer they are x number in the queue?

You must have missed my campaign, I started over 10  years ago.   ? ? ? 

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.16.html

Interesting to note.... ( from the first part of the post ..... ) 

Plusnet used to be RPT used to be pretty hot on replying to customer queries, and seems to have adopted a policy of wait and see, we might get round to answering some time in the middle of next week,
Even the telephone service, at least a 20 minute wait, and every so often being bombarded with stupid  yes stupid "adverts" of course you can always contact us at www.plusnet How daft is that ? .... a choice ........  wait an unknown amount of time on the phone,...... or put in a ticket and wait for 2 days one minute and 23 seconds, (maybe).

Nothing much has changed over the past 11 years,     especially as @Chris  ( staffer ) kept on saying....

GIve us time... and we`ll get there.....

( famous last words .... methinks.... )  

Ah well.. not long now.....

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Can't be that hard to do. Even my doctor's surgery has such a system. Comes back on every so often to say your number X in the queue. Quite good really because you get a sense of how fast that queue is moving.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@gleneagles wrote:

How hard is it for any company to have a phone system that tells the customer they are x number in the queue?

Oh that's relatively easy if they have the budget. What is difficult is having that phone log on and off automatically when the operative logs into their computer - or worse, logs off and forgets to log off their phone leaving it to automatically answer every customer to silence 🤣

There is a free program called Teleflow that allows you to design your own IVR if you have the digital hardware (and phone line). The snag is that it doesn't do DTMF recognition terribly well which kinda makes it rather pointless but i did once get a flow working in the simulator which allowed for "you're at position X" lol. Not that i had any real use for it lol.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!