cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call price increases

monabri
Grafter

Phone call price increases

Having received a rubbish answer from Plusnet asking them to justify a 19% increase in annual landline costs I started to shop around. What do people think of the deal from SSE for fibre and landline at £10 per month for internet an £12 per month for landline ( increases to £20 after 2 years)? Seems cheaper than Plusnet!
5 REPLIES
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Phone call price increases

Do you have any links to the deal please?
I found it myself
https://www.sse.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Vanity_C&cid=1400646033383&pagename=DXP%2FVanity_C%2FConnect%2F...
I initially thought the prices seemed high until I saw that the figures include the line rental charge.
Ado16
Grafter

I keep eyeing this one up. I don't know if they recoup the costs from call charges at all.  If it wasn't for taking on a new contract - would definitely swap.  Fed up with constantly rising prices.  Who  else remembers when the longer you stayed with a phone company - the more they'd offer you better pricing because you were a "loyal" customer!
Seems like a very distant memory, that one!
Gruner

All the SSE deals show line rental extra
dick:green Link removed as it contains information personal to the poster.
BlueMeany
Grafter

You might want to check that link as it appears to contain a phone number which may well be yours?
adie:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

The prices mentioned by the OP - £10pm + £12pm line rental, increasing after 2 years to £20pm + £12 line rental were for their Superfast Fibre+ Talk Weekend. The price also includes a free Security Suite BUT that becomes chargeable after 18 months unless it's specifically cancelled.
Anyone interested should search SSE themselves as the link in reply #3 should be removed as it contains personal data.