Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and broadband price war erupts as Plusnet and TalkTalk slash prices

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Phone and broadband price war erupts as Plusnet and TalkTalk slash prices

According to the Daily Mail...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-2157549/Phone-broadband-price-war-Plusnet-TalkTalk-sl...
A price war has erupted between broadband and home phone providers as Plusnet and TalkTalk slashed their costs within days of each other.
Today Plusnet launched a new package costing  £172.50 for the first year - it provides speeds of up to 16MB with a 10GB download limit. It also has free evening and weekend calls.
Customers would pay a £12.99 monthly line rental, plus £3.24 for the first five months and then £6.49 for the next seven for broadband, and a one-off postage and packing cost of £4.99. They will get £50 cashback.
The offer is only available through comparison website Broadbandchoices.co.uk until 9 July and
you must live in a Plusnet 'low cost area' to get the deal.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#whatIsIt

Is this not more than some of us already pay ?
Before taking into account the first years' £50 cashback ?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Phone and broadband price war erupts as Plusnet and TalkTalk slash prices

I currently pay  £293 over a year for Extra and the Basic home phone package on market 2 exchange so market 3 prices, would be less but I couldn't afford to pay a years phone line upfront, so its a lot cheaper
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Steve
Pro

10 GB doesn't quite cut It any more, I read on this forum long time customers who are now slightly going over the 10GB mark!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Especially if you read it exactly as written, it states the cost for a year then mentions the 10GB download limit without otherwise qualifying the timescale!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.