cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Hacking

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Phone Hacking

According to the news a number of people are to be prosecuted for phone hacking, makes you wonder how many millions of pounds the trial will cost and if found guilty the outcome will be a fine (likely paid by the Newspaper) and a suspended prison sentence.
It's good to know the country has all this money to spend.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Phone Hacking

i understand the maximum penalty is 2 years imprisonment. It's a difficult decision though.  If the CPS had let the case drop can you imagine all the liberal lefties bleeting Roll eyes
Community Veteran

I don't really see why this has come about. This has been going on for years. Just about everyone knows it has been going on for years. Many has been celebs have bolstered their lifestyles with out of court settlements.
So why a crown prosecution case to answer now and not then?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Two words
Milly Dowler
GrahamC
Grafter

Quote from: billnotben
So why a crown prosecution case to answer now and not then?

Cover up springs to mind....and it almost succeeded.
I agree if this had just been about celebs then it would probably have been a non-story, but when it strays into kidnap / murder victims they really have to be held to account. As far as I know, communication interception is a criminal act.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Milly Dowler

Yes I read that but not so long ago the police were stating that there was no case as far as that goes. Which is one of the reasons for me saying whats changed.