cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pet hates.........

N/A

Pet hates.........

......no, not the animal variety. As it is a dull Tuesday morning, thought it would be therapeutic to have a good whinge.
Will start it off....my pet hate is wet hair so let's hear it for Alexandre F. Godefroy who is credited with inventing the first hot air-blast hair dryer.
172 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Pet hates.........

It's lovely and sunny down here  Smiley
I have loads.... where to begin.
Train managers that wake me up on the train.
Will Moderate For Thanks
James
Grafter

I'll follow that with not being able to sleep on the train!  (I have trouble sleeping whilst moving)
Lurker
Grafter

My pet hates include 'revert back', and misuse of words such as 'your/you're', 'there/their/they're'.
Spelling badly irritates me too - especially in typed form, it's perfectly possible to have your messages spell-checked before you embarrass yourself, and for the majority of people there are plugins for browsers etc to help out too.
Those with disabilities relating to interpretation/communication using the written word are excluded from this pet hat.

As an aside, only loosely related to disabilities;
A friend of mine has a dog which is blind - can he take it into shops displaying 'Blind Dogs Only' signs?
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I'll follow that with not being able to sleep on the train!  (I have trouble sleeping whilst moving)

Its even harder when you are trying to drive to work.
Just the other day I was having a power-nap, only to be rudely awaken by car horns when the lights went green.
Some people have no respect. :/
Fixes: 101

I am now hating with a passion our cash office.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

politicians - all of them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

This could so easily become a motoring/driving hate thread, shall we ban them now before its too late? after all they must be one of the most common in this forum...yes I'm guilty of starting a few of them I admit.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
jmd
Grafter

My pet hate at present is people who do not pick up the poop their dog does on pavement/grass verges/paths etc!
  I pick up after Holly but am fed up of trying to make sure neither of us walk into someone else's!! 
Also hate the fact that on some paths round here the fact some folk drop their empty beer bottles and they get broken so it is also diffcult to ensre that we don't step on glass! [if Holly did it could mean an expensive vet bill!!]
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Pet hates, hmmmmmm
People having no common sense. If i asked you to move your car as it was parked over my driveway, you would think 'oh yeah, he cant get out if i park there'
BUT NO!
James
Grafter

I'd get it towed away, personally Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Tried the council, tried the police!
Its my neighbour so dont want to start a war! He's younger than me and has friends round a lot. Would be worried about my house/possessions!
Fixes: 121

I checked into the issue of cars blocking my driveway when I had a crossover built about 10/12 years ago when I lived in London.
Apparently, if the car is blocking you entering your drive then it is a civil matter to take up with the local authority but if it is blocking you exit then it is a police matter.
Not too sure if it still stands as such.
Edit:
We also had a stroppy neighbour. One particular day we had guests so, rather than block our exit, we parked in front of his house (no crossover there and they didn't even have a car!). He called the police. Seeing that I had my tax up-to-date they said I was entitled to park there. So the neighbour said he'd get a friend to park in front of our drive. The police informed him that his car could then be towed away if it stopped us from going out.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Many years ago, before St Ives got it's new lifeboat house and dedicated slipway, the lifeboat had to be towed round the harbour to the slipway in the middle to be launched. One shout there was a Jaguar car parked across the slipway, with the driver sat inside and he refused to move to let the lifeboat launch. How he escaped being lynched I don't know!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Tyreal74
Grafter

pet hates -
driving - people not indicating / people not saying thankyou
general - people not picking up after their dogs / people littering when theres a bin 5 yards away / uneccessary foul language or kids using it