Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pet Insurance

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Pet Insurance

I received my renewal notice for my pet insurance today. It had increased by £700 to over £2200!!! It had increased by nearly £400 last year and and wavered about renewing it then but decided to continue so this year rang John Lewis to cancel. Talking to the customer service girl she asked if it was the price to which I replied yes she just said ok and continued the cancellation. Obviously not bothered about keeping me as a customer.I could buy two pedigree dog for that price!!!!! What a rip off.

6 REPLIES 6
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Pet Insurance

We self insure with our dogs now, it has become too much of a scam. Obviously it has to rely on your animal not falling ill or needing treatment for a while until the funds build up. Our premium rocketed when our bitch had to have the cruciate ligament surgery and of course, she is now also an old dog. We put the equivalent of the monthly premium away and now have a tidy sum set aside earning a bit of interest for us, should the worst happen.

TTman
Seasoned Champion

@Marksfish  Thats what were going to do, put money in a savings account. Our dog is also getting old (10 this year)

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

If you join the Dogs Trust (about £20), you get liability insurance too Smiley

TTman
Seasoned Champion

Not sure but may be members of Dogs Trust. We are certianly giving them money every month as the previous 3 dogs have been from them. Will look into that.Thumbs_Up

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I remember all creatures great and small with James Herriot - the country vets treating farm animals were always poor, and the ones in the towns treating pampered pooches and moggies were driving round in Bentleys - nothing changed then.  You can get personal health insurance for less than you were quoted for pet insurance, madness.....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@TTman 

Cheaper to just buy another pet? Wink

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.