cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpetum

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Perpetum

Before the re-organisation of the British army regiments, a "light" regiment used to march from almost a standstill to almost a run (as a show piece) to I think a piece of music called "Perpetum Mobile" Just out of interest can anybody fill in my poor memory here? I think its possible it may have been a Gurkha regiment, but maybe wrong. I remember seeing this on TV a number of years ago. I did wonder if there was a YouTube coverage of it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Perpetum

A quick Google tells me it's actually Perpetuum Mobile ( double U ).  I googled 'Perpetuum Mobile+Gurkha' and it brings up a number of articles.
Community Veteran

Thank you artmo.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Unfortunately it seems to have beaten YouTube...unless pierre knows better!!

Community Veteran

Is this it: 
>
Community Veteran

Just found this but it doesn't sound like marching music:

>

and a few more here:  http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Perpetuum+Mobile&search_type=&aq=f
scootie
Grafter

http://www.army.mod.uk/music/corps-band/612.aspx any closer to joging (marching) your memory
They march at a faster pace and offer some very different elements to their musical capabilities beyond that of other regular bands
Community Veteran

Yes ASBO I think that's more what Petlew is looking for.
scootie
Grafter

theres a you tube link on that page to that i missed first time, gets you amongst the gurkha bands

think thats what your after
Community Veteran

Unfortunately AS' I couldn't open your link, but it seems artmo could.
I might have thrown a curve here, further investigation on Google suggests it might be the "Royal Green Jackets" (Light Infantry) before they were disbanded.

Community Veteran

Ok got the link open. Many thanks, getting close now. It was film/video of the march I am trying to locate. If I remember seeing it on the box, it must have been either the Earls Court or Edinburgh tattoo's.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

was  it this one? Gurkhas at Eastbourne playing Zorba the Greek & marching, its a lousy picture, mobile phone at night
>
Community Veteran

This would have been pre mobile phones I think pierre, or at least long before they were used for anything else except make phone calls.